Realogy is focused on arming its affiliated real estate agents and brokerage leadership with the very best in training and resources to help them continually improve in their ability to serve consumers. We do so by leveraging best practices, technology, and innovative content to drive competitive advantage in all of our learning content, and for all of our brands and affiliated agents. The Senior Instructional Designer position plays a critical role in achieving this goal.
This is a remote based/work from home role; however, the ideal candidate will be on Eastern Standard Time.
This is a collaborative role, where you will –
- Identify the wants and needs of various stakeholders and at times, present points of view that persuade others to shift their thinking and action to enable them to achieve their desired learning objectives.
- Research best practices and methodologies in the field and scale these solutions throughout the organization.
- Establish productive relationships with the vertical business leaders, thus enabling you to anticipate and fulfill the unique learning needs of each business unit.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring a best in class experience for all learners by bringing a wealth of knowledge and best practice on instructional design, digital, blended and social learning and measuring performance improvement. You will have the opportunity to meet the unique needs of our customers and brands by possessing an in-depth understanding of each business line.
What you’ll do:
- Manage an entire learning solutions project life cycle including the research of best practices, the design and development of training solutions, supporting materials, and job aids.
- Work with subject matter experts to research new or existing methodologies in the field, and scale these solutions through ILT, VILT, and on demand learning.
- Model real-world, action-based activities to drive measurable results through learning programs.
- Present design and project plans to team for collaborative development.
- Develop design documents including effective learning objectives, content overviews, and training/project plans at curricula/program level.
- Set expectations with brand stakeholders and provide clear, succinct project updates including identifying risks.
- Apply recognized instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles for ILT, VILT, and on-demand learning.
- Create high-impact, real-world case studies and exercises.
- Create and edit graphics, as needed, to support the visual component of projects.
- Continuously research new or existing methodologies in the field and to scale those solutions through ILT, VILT and on demand learning.
- Engage the managers and leaders who can hold the learners accountable to achievement and results.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement in which performance is habitually measured against goals.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- BA or BS strongly preferred
- Formal education or certification in adult learning principals strongly preferred
- Proficiency with eLearning development applications such as Storyline, Articulate or Captivate
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven track of designing and developing learning solutions that measurably improve performance (work samples required)
- Experience designing both digital and traditional classroom instruction
- Working knowledge of the residential real estate industry preferred
- Specialty knowledge of real estate franchising and brokerage, a plus
- A deep level of understanding of adult learning theory, specifically the modern learner, along with industry leading methodologies and technology
- Ability to model and develop best practices, providing hands-on guidance to team members as needed
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to handle many tasks at once & effectively deal with people to achieve optimal outcomes
- Strong organization & time management skills for effective project planning and management
- Proven collaboration & influencing skills
- Exceptional standards of excellence in all aspects of work
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher)
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is the leading and most integrated provider of U.S. residential real estate services, encompassing franchise, brokerage, and title and settlement businesses as well as a mortgage joint venture. Realogy’s diverse brand portfolio includes some of the most recognized names in real estate: Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, Century 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, Corcoran®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty®. Using innovative technology, data and marketing products, best-in-class learning and support services, and high-quality lead generation programs, Realogy fuels the productivity of independent sales agents, helping them build stronger businesses and best serve today’s consumers. Realogy's affiliated brokerages operate around the world with approximately 190,000 independent sales agents in the United States and more than 112,000 independent sales agents in 113 other countries and territories.
At Realogy, diversity fuels success – for our company and for our employees. We strive to be the preferred company for diverse talent, committed to creating an inclusive environment that encourages everyone to succeed. We pursue talent – strategic thinkers who are eager to innovate, focused on execution and accountable for results. We value diversity – respecting backgrounds, cultures, perspectives.
You’ll find our commitment to diversity reflected in our achievements:
- Forbes 2020 Best Employers for Diversity.
- Recognized on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index .
- Recognized for gender diversity on our board of directors by Executive Women of New Jersey and Women’s Forum of New York.
- First residential real estate company to endorse the Equality Act and fully support H.R. 1447 amending the Fair Housing Act to include LGBTQ+ as protected classes.
With diversity, we succeed together. We hope you’ll join us.