Title: Customer Advocate
Duration: Paid Training/Permanent Position upon Review
Location: 100% Remote – Equipment provided
Start date: TBD
Education: High school diploma / GED or higher
Benefits: Full Health and Dental Coverage; PTO
Telecommunications Development Corp (TDC) is an IT consulting and customer call center support company that provides innovative solutions to state and local government partners, which enable them to achieve their performance goals and better service constituents at the most critical point of need. TDC’s business expertise spans a range of industries, solutions, and geographies with core capabilities in the areas of technology management consulting, public safety & homeland security, IT project management, and systems integration. Since its inception in 1995, TDC has worked consistently in all practice areas for numerous clients including local, state, and federal government, Department of Defense, and the private sector. The National Capital Region government agencies depend on TDC for their success.
TDC is seeking a qualified Customer Advocate who is responsible for working in a Call Center environment to assist members and physicians by responding to telephone and written inquiries in a prompt, accurate and objective manner. The Customer Advocate will spend approximately 90%-95% of the scheduled time on the phone according to business need.
- Hours of Operation: (M-F) 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (must be able to work any 8-hour shift within hours)
- Training: (M-F) Time: TBD 7 weeks; Cannot miss anytime in training
- After training: Must be able to work assigned 8-hour shift within the hours of operation
· Customer service experience
- Data entry and/or typing experience
- Preferred experience working with various lines of business, i.e., CDHP, Medicaid, Medicare, Wellness, and Disease Management
- Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Analytical, organizational, and independent decision-making skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Experience managing large amounts of constituent inquiries and calls
- Must have high speed internet, no satellite; Must have ability to connect wired connection to internet router
- Dedicated, organized and secure virtual work environment
- Utilize knowledge base resources to respond to constituent inquiries
- Provide professional and courteous support of government benefit inquiries
- Assist constituents in the navigation of government resources, portals, and applications
- Provide timely escalation and reporting
- Track and document all and client data into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application
- Meet Quality Assurance (QA) and other key performance metrics. Must have the ability and flexibility to come on site if having technical difficulties/Internet issues if needed.
- Complete associated tasks according to the established guidelines.
- Facilitate the fulfillment of caller requests for materials via mail, email, or download.
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution as needed.
- Facilitate translation services for non-English speaking callers according to procedures
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested and maintains up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location