Online teaching positions are now available in the Python Programming Certificate Program. We are seeking qualified applicants possessing current knowledge and teaching experience in all aspects of Python Programming including: Introduction to Python Programming, Intermediate Python Programming, Advanced Python Programming, Python for Data Analysis, Data Preparation with Python, Big Data with Python, and Modeling and Visualization with Python.
Our curriculum is constantly updated and tailored to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices to remain competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which can be immediately utilized in and applied to our students’ work environments.
- Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI DCE Business and Technology Programs Director, Assistant Director, and Program Coordinators as assigned and using approved course development templates
- Prepare and deliver online course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
- Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
- Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
- Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
- Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
- Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
- Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Director and Program Manager as needed
- Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
- Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
- Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabi; posting bio and photo on the UCI DCE website; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts; communicating AV and classroom needs
- Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
- Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
- Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
- Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
- Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
Part-time, temporary assignments are assigned on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. Teaching assignments could begin as early as Winter 2022 (January 2022).
Course Descriptions can be found on our website: https://ce.uci.edu/areas/it/python/
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The Business & Technology Programs unit offers courses in a multitude of certificate programs to hundreds of students each year. Our students are largely newly graduated professionals and adult professionals working in full time positions who are seeking additional education that will enable them to update their skills, change careers, or prepare for industry certifications or exams. Our programs are designed to meet the needs of these business professionals at all levels of their careers, providing them with flexible enrollment options to initiate their professional development at any time throughout the year, without an application. As a result of our commitment to academic excellence, professionals can acquire the skills and knowledge they need to face a world of continual change. We are seeking world-class instructors who are experts in their fields, with extensive hands-on experience as business professionals and community leaders. Applications to teach are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year to both fill immediate program needs, and to increase the depth of the instructor pool for future needs.
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Current knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in subject area
- Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) the use of instructional technology and online teaching tools
- Current participation in professional associations
- Comfort in dealing with international professionals and students
- Experience designing/revising curriculum and measuring student performance
- College-level teaching experience (or the corporate equivalent)
- Expertise working in common Python packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, IPython, matplotlib, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Seaborn, etc.
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.