What we do here changes the world! UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
We are hiring immediately for a Full Time Biostatistician to join the UTHealth School of Public Health in Houston, TX. This position can be a remote/hybrid. In this position you would work with a dynamic and collaborative team to condut analysis of data for health services outcomes research.
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as...
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more
Provides statistical support for research using large administrative datasets among other various data sources.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Collaborates with investigators to determine study design, contribute to protocol development, and write statistical analysis plans.
- Performs statistical analysis and inference, and writes and presents reports summarizing findings including publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Develops systems for monitoring the quality of different datasets.
- May write program code to analyze data using statistical analysis software.
- Ensures high-quality statistical support is provided for investigational studies, projects, registries and basic research using advanced statistical skills and knowledge of clinical research.
- Maintains expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulation and statistical methodology.
- May conduct ad hoc analyses.
- May manage Human Resources activities of department in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates proficiency with statistical methods and applications in clinical research.
- Experience in data analysis of large administrative datasets (claims, registries, EMR) and observational studies.
- SQL, R, and/or SAS experienced preferred.
- Master’s degree in related health science. PhD preferred.
- Two years of statistician experience.
Physical Requirements: Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects. Security Sensitive: This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- While this position is remote, all UTHealth Employees must live in the State of Texas. Do you live in the State of Texas?
- Master's (Required)
- statistician : 2 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- data analysis/transformation and programming language: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote