Are you interested in working for a company that’s been recognized as one of ‘America’s Best Insurance Companies’?
Mercury was recently named one of ‘America’s Best Employers’ by Forbes magazine for the third consecutive year. We have also been recognized seven times by Forbes as one of “America’s Most Trustworthy Companies.” At Mercury, people come first. We offer bonus potential, excellent benefits, matching 401(k), employee activities, and many more perks.
Overview of Benefits:
Choosing a career at Mercury Insurance has a number of great advantages including:
· Competitive salaries, annual incentive
· Full medical, dental, life, & vision care coverage
· 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
· Great work environment
· Promotional opportunities
· Education assistance
· Auto insurance discount
· Employee assistance program
· Health club and wellness benefits
· Child & dependent care spending account
· Paid vacation (10 days, 1st year), sick days, & 9 paid holidays
Under general direction, performs most advanced accounting functions involving the practical application of established accounting standards, theories, principles and practices.
Responsible for the preparation, analysis and evaluation of subsidiary general ledgers.
Prepares and maintains highly complex operating and financial reports.
Ensures the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are completed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (SAP) including footnote disclosure.
Performs advanced financial analyses and special projects as required by financial management. May interface and maintain relationships with outside auditors and public accounting firms.
- Bachelors degree with emphasis/major in accounting program or equivalent education.
- CPA or MBA is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting, including 2 years of public accounting, preferably in a Big Four firm.
- Insurance accounting experience is desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of statutory accounting principles (SAP) desired.
- Knowledge of GAAP and the ability to understand the accounting treatment for complex transactions.
- Requires the ability to understand the financial reporting for companies that have business in multiple states and/or multiple lines of business.
- Requires a high level of analytical and technical skill to examine, analyze and evaluate complex financial reports, effects of transactions upon account relationships, consolidation of corporate accounts, etc.
- Requires considerable knowledge and efficiency in utilizing software and advanced MS Excel. Solid knowledge of database tools, techniques and theories.
- Requires critical attention to detail and good organizational skills to manage assigned general ledgers and accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that are professional and respectful.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
With Mercury's My Workplace, most team members will be able to work from home. In this case, your home can be anywhere in the 50 U.S states or District of Columbia
- Do you now or will you at any time in the future require Mercury Insurance to sponsor a Visa in the United States?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- public accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote