Academic Tutor Job Description
Responsibilities: As an academic tutor with TagTeam Tutoring, you will deliver quality academic instruction to the families that we serve. TagTeam offers private (1:1), team (1:4), and group (1:8) tutoring sessions virtually and/or in-person.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Creating lessons for each session
- Providing opportunities for students to gain confidence and knowledge in the assigned subject
- Building a healthy rapport with the families that you will serve
- Completing all necessary paperwork or steps to finalize sessions
- Teaching and monitoring soft skills, i.e. study habits, organizational skills etc.
Required Work Experience:
- You must have at least one year of successful experience tutoring students academically.
- Knowledge of subject matter
- Ability to host a session via a video conference platform
- Understand the lesson cycle
- Ability to effectively communicate subject matter
- Respect towards others (tutees, tutors, TagTeam staff, etc.)
- Respect for different learning styles including active learning techniques.
- Interest in teaching and helping others learn in groups up to 8 students
- Ability to listen and answer questions during tutoring sessions
- Good time management skills
- Attend a new tutor orientation session prior to meeting with groups
- Create relevant and meaningful lessons for each session
- Meet with assigned student/student groups for the designated scheduled time
- Maintain professional contact with all tutees and the TagTeam Tutoring Center
- Modify and develop your tutoring skills to meet individual tutee needs and to adjust to the learning styles of your students
- Always be punctual and do not break appointments. If you must cancel or reschedule a session, inform your tutees and TagTeam Tutoring as soon as possible before the session occurs
- Update and maintain your schedule and course information as needed
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $27.00 - $50.00 per hour
- After school
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
All participants must wear a mask and practice social distancing when appropriate. All work areas are sanitized between sessions.
- Tutoring: 1 year (Required)
- Teacher's Certification (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote