HotNewHipHop.Com is unlike any other online publication. With a cult-like and vocal readership, we have to work at a lightning-fast pace, in order to stay one step ahead of the news cycle, and ensure we provide accurate, timely, and engaging stories across a variety of different verticals under the pop culture umbrella; from hip-hop and r'n'b music, to basketball, to movies and TV, and more.
We are seeking an Editorial Intern who is already entrenched in all things pop culture and online media. This person should have an in-depth knowledge of hip-hop and the new artists buzzing right now, as well as a familiarity with the latest Netflix release. This person should be extremely familiar with social media channels, such as HNHH's own IG. The ideal candidate is pursuing a degree in Journalism, English, History, Music Business or a related field.
This is an unpaid internship that is perfect for a college student who needs to fill a requirement in exchange for college credit.
As an Editorial Intern at HNHH, you will have the opportunity to learn how to write short, engaging news stories as well as long-form editorials. You will have a chance to truly grow your skillset as a writer, and leave this role with tangible benefits, not only in your penmanship, but in articles published to the website that can be added to your portfolio, and will be viewed by millions online.
- You keep up with the pop culture news cycle at an almost frantic rate
- Your writing is clear, concise, engaging, and requires very little editing
- You have a great eye for detail, and always proof-read
- You are in pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in English or a related field
- You have a particularly good knowledge of hip-hop, and often put your friends on to the newest artists coming out
- You take direction well and have strong time management skills
- You want to pursue a career in media or music.
- Research and provide original artist biographies on the brightest stars coming up right now
- Write engaging, short news articles daily, as assigned
- Brainstorm and write thought-provoking original content pieces
- Transcribe interviews, as assigned
- Act as support for the editorial team as required
Contract length: 3-4 months
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability