Calling all soap opera superfans! The List is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to help us write articles covering "The Young and the Restless", "The Bold and the Beautiful", "General Hospital", "Days of our Lives", and other soaps as needed. Ideal candidates have at least 1 year of experience writing content for print or the web and are experts on soap operas as well as other content similar to The List. We are seeking creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About The List
The List is a women’s lifestyle site, with a twist. We pride ourselves on being original, well-researched, and without sugar-coating, but no topic is beneath us. We tackle everything from reality TV (we’re a bit obsessed!), to finding love, to living a healthy and happy life. Every article you read is advice from an expert or meticulously sourced, so you know you’re getting info you can trust, from women who get it.
- Claim news article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site's areas of coverage
- Research and write 300 to 900 word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum one year of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- Three sentences explaining what makes you a soap opera superfan
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content shared on https://www.thelist.com/
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $21.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
Work Location: Remote