JOB SUMMARY: Administers and assists in the development and implementation of benefits programs including medical, dental, life, disability and/or retirement. Leads projects and coordinates with benefits, human resources and other team members throughout the organization. Also manages and coordinates vendors.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field of study and five years of benefits administration experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Provides day-to-day administration of the benefits plans not limited to medical, dental, life, disability, FSAs and/or retirement.
2. Drives process improvement and documentation for all benefits and related programs
3. Answers employee and manager calls and resolve both complex and routine issues with vendors or internally as necessary. Takes on escalated issues from other team members in area of expertise
4. Maintains work quantity and quality standards at or above minimum standards established by manager
5. Assists in the design, development, and implementation of new benefit initiatives and changes.
6. Manages vendor performance. Proactively communicates expectations to vendors; reviews ongoing performance / efficiency and identifies areas for improvement. Ensures improvements are carried out. May lead vendor meetings.
7. Responsible for vendor invoicing and reconciliations as assigned.
8. Works closely with plan advisors to include consultants, actuaries, and legal counsel.
9. Responsible for frequent review of benefits enrollment, participant, and vendor data to ensure that data integrity is constantly maintained
10. Plays a lead role in coordinating large benefits initiatives such as the annual Open Enrollment process from beginning to end including drafting communications, answering employee questions and conducting Open Enrollment training or organizing the annual retirement plans audits (Coordinates with team members, HR Consultants, auditors, vendors and other groups).
11. Creates and ensures timely preparation of communication plans. Prepares draft communications or oversees preparation of drafts by vendors, consultants, or staff. Ensures all documentation and communications including website/portal are kept up to date.
12. Prepares draft presentations as assigned. Makes presentations on routine and non-routine topics. Coordinates outside presenters.
13. Assists with compliance and policies. Administers compliance programs as assigned. Assists in making changes to existing (and creating new) policies, procedures and programs. Works with vendors, auditors and internal parties to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures. Escalates compliance issues to manager. Includes HIPAA, health care reform, PBGC, IRS, etc. May assist with plan testing (such as retirement plans or FSA).
14. Organizes benefits related events such as Health Fairs or quarterly Retirement Benefits Committee meetings. Coordinate with team members, HR Consultants, and other groups.
15. Assists and trains other team members.
16. Provides administrative and program support to various benefits related program such as Wellness program, Onboarding and New Hire Orientation as assigned.
17. Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Excellent customer service orientation, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filings and compliance around ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA, HIPAA, PBGC, IRS and other federal and state regulations governing employee benefits
- Excellent problem solving skills, research skills, with demonstrated critical thinking ability
- Strong system skills Ability to balance multiple competing priorities Ability to take initiative Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Comfortable speaking in front of a large group
- Proficient with MS Offices (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and HRIS, preferably Oracle Cloud
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgment
Comfortable office work environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote