JOIN THE KEESLER FEDERAL CREDIT UNION TEAM!
Keesler Federal Credit Union team members enjoy competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care expenses
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 100% match on the first 5% contributed by you
- Paid Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement and Competitive Scholarships
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Benefits
WE CURRENTLY DO NOT SPONSOR WORK RELATED VISAS
Position: Software Engineer I
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Development Team Lead
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications utilized across the organization. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications.
- Rapidly turn requirements into high quality applications.
- Coding, testing, and analyzing software applications throughout the production life cycle.
- Develop custom applications as defined by project teams, vendors and/or other organizational roles.
- Collaborate with Project Management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development.
- Work as part of a growing, agile development team to deliver an engaging, impactful user experience.
- Collaborate closely with Quality Assurance Analysts to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes.
- Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team.
- Adhere to product build and release schedules and strategies.
- Adhere to the change management process for all changes made to system components by creating specifications in a manner that allows for notification to affected parties and recovery from the change in the event it is necessary.
- Contributes technical knowledge and understanding of applications to training programs, support documentation, and operating procedures.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Utilizes The Member Advantage AIDINC system to identify potential member (internal or external) service needs which can be met through the sale of credit union products and services, or adherence to the department’s policy and procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in training of new team members.
- Provides back up for team members where needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Equivalent to a 4-year college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Experience and Other Requirements
- One to three years of work experience as a software engineer or developer of enterprise level applications.
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful web services is desired.
- Experience working on a small development team in an agile environment.
- Proficient in client-side and server-side debugging methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies and object-oriented programming including ASP.NET, C#, and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Power Bi or SQL Reporting Services is a plus
- Strong attention to detail & passion to learn new software technologies
- Natural aptitude for both teaching and learning from others in a collaborative team environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial institution operation and business processes including technology solutions used in financial institution operations is a plus.
- Excellent communication/influence skills required, including reports; presentations; group facilitation skills; ability to develop professional relationships.
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks concurrently. Must be able to redirect priorities based upon current workload (ability to react to current situations).
- Demonstrate teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Must be able to perform all functions independently with minimal supervision in a reasonable amount of time.
- Stay current with emerging technology trends.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
(See Essential Functions, Education, and Experience Requirements above)
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, kneel, crouch, stoop; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The individual is frequently required to stand and walk. The individual is frequently required to be able to lift and move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive use of desktop computer is required. The noise level is that of a normal office environment. When working in designated secured areas, elevated noise levels are present.
The human resources department retains the sole rights and discretion to make changes to this job description.