POSITION: Reading Tutor – Remote
Syllables Learning Center, based in Alpharetta, GA, provides individualized tutoring to help students overcome learning differences including dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, and working memory deficits. With our extensively trained tutors and Orton-Gillingham based curriculum, we get to the heart of learning issues and create lifelong, happy learners. In the past 20 years, Syllables has helped thousands of students learn to read.
This position is for a reading tutor who would work remotely from their own home or workspace. Help us change lives! Extensive training will be provided. School year hours are 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (MT). More hours are available during the summer. Monday – Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (MT) are in high demand!
If you have an interest in helping children learn, and are positive, outgoing, and motivated, please apply. We offer rewarding work and competitive pay in a friendly environment! All the fun of helping students one-on-one without the headaches of managing schedules! Whether you want to work a little or a lot, contact us at HR at SyllablesLearningCenter.com or 770-752-1724. Learn more about us: www.SyllablesLearningCenter.com.
If you desire a temporary or seasonal commitment, then this is not the best match for you.
- Dedication and empathy. Provide a positive and welcoming environment so our students are available to learn
- Well versed in the Google Platform, including document sharing and creation
- Exceptionally flexible. Ability to meet a student’s academic and emotional needs
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience with Zoom and multiple website tools which enhance the interactive nature of the sessions
As independent contractors, you can set your own schedule and work on the days of the week that fit your calendar.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
Additional COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures are in place daily. All cleaning/safety supplies are provided for tutors.
- Are you available to attend virtual training in September?
- Please list some available days/times to interview. (general window for interviewing is Mon-Fri 9-5 EDT/7-3 MT). The interview will be virtual.
- This position is part-time. Please let us know the number of hours you're looking for per week:
What is the min # of hours each week?
What is the max # of hours each week?
What is your availability once hired, Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (MT) and Saturday mornings 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (MT)?
Work Location: Remote