TITLE: Director of Strategic Initiatives
LINE OF BUSINESS/DIVISION: Partner Community Capital ™ (“PCAP”)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: President, PCAP
NUMBER OF POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: 1
LOCATION: North Carolina
PARTNER COMMUNITY CAPITAL
Partner Community Capital (formerly known as Natural Capital Investment Fund) is a US Treasury-certified
Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) established in 2000 to provide financing and technical assistance to triple bottom line businesses in the Southeast US, primarily in North Carolina (NC) and West
Virginia (WV). PCAP's business clients are predominantly located in underserved communities and are unable to access adequate capital from traditional sources. PCAP is an affiliate of The Conservation Fund (“TCF” or the
“Fund”). To learn more about PCAP, visit www.partnercapital.org.
THE CONSERVATION FUND
The Conservation Fund (“TCF” or the “Fund”) is a nonprofit conservation organization dedicated to the dual mission of protecting America’s most important land, water, and natural resources while also supporting economic growth in communities. Top-ranked for efficiency and effectiveness, we have worked in all 50 states to protect over 8.5 million acres of land since 1985.
The Director of Strategic Initiatives (DSI), a senior VP level position, provides leadership to PCAP in:
- Design, launch, implementation and long-term management of new products and special initiatives in NC.
- Marketing, communications and outreach to/engagement with a range of internal and external audiences in NC.
- Oversight of impact measurement and reporting.
RESPONSIBLITIES & SCOPE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Organizational Administration, Sustainability and Growth:
- Serve on PCAP’s executive leadership team, providing support and oversight to overall operations and functions.
- Work collaboratively with executive leadership team, staff and Board of Directors to implement PCAP’s mission and strategic plan.
- Supervise Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives and other staff as assigned.
- Fundraising: Responsible for raising funds for general operations and strategic initiatives in NC, including: o Managing relationships with existing NC funders and cultivating/ growing relationships with new funders. o Writing and editing grant proposals and reports, including oversight on tracking and communicating impacts.
- Work with colleagues and external partners to design and secure funding to implement new special initiatives in NC, serving as initial PCAP point person as appropriate.
- Manage all NC special initiatives, including oversight for implementation, managing external partnerships, securing additional funding as appropriate and managing/ meeting goals, timelines and deliverables.
Marketing, Communications and Network Relationships:
- Work with the Marketing Consultants to develop and publish PCAP marketing collateral, both hard copy and digital.
- Manage PCAP’s impact assessment process and reporting/distributing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage relations with PCAP’s NC Advisory Committee.
- 15 years or more of nonprofit project management, administration and fundraising experience.
- Undergraduate degree in business or equivalent work or lived experience; relevant MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in working with low-income and BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and other People of Color) businesses, households, organizations and/or communities to advance economic /racial/social/environmental equity.
- Commitment to positive environmental change and economic improvement for disadvantaged communities and individuals.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills, including a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and ability to interact effectively with diverse external partners, colleagues, lenders, funders, borrowers, and technical assistance providers.
- Strong computer and on-line communications literacy.
- Ability and willingness to travel in PCAP’s geographic area (primarily NC and WV) for site visits or meetings.
- Commitment to advance PCAP’s organizational mission, strategies and other priorities.
- Position requires meeting with individuals onsite and reviewing facilities. Therefore, driver’s license and physical presence are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (if applicable)
- Ability to travel (by automobile and air).
- Ability to participate in site visits that may include accessing farmland or forestland.
- Work is performed in both an office and outdoor settings.
- Estimated travel – 25-30%.
*COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary, opportunities to earn performance-based bonus compensation and a highly competitive package of benefits including employer contributions for health care, paid holidays, vacation and personal/sick leave, retirement plan and more.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
To learn more about The Conservation Fund, visit https://www.conservationfund.org.
The Conservation Fund, a Non Profit Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran
Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave status, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression. The Fund prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or practice in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- non profit project management: 10 years (Required)
- non profit fundraising: 10 years (Required)
- non profit administration: 10 years (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location