$250- $275/ hour Part Time Collaborating Psychiatrist.
Our mission is to improve access to much needed behavioral health services, while taking a comprehensive, and forward thinking approach to treatment. We believe that outstanding healthcare is delivered when we merge the science of medicine, with the compassion of our hearts. We refer to this as, “head and heart together;” inspiring constant improvement and lasting success.
We are growing and looking for a part time Collaborating Psychiatrist in the Southern CA area who feels the same way we do about patient care. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive, innovative and patient-centered care to communities throughout Orange County.
JOB Title: Collaborating Psychiatrist- Part Time ( 5-20 hours per week).
- Functions as the day to day behavioral health clinical leader of the multidisciplinary team, providing decision support to team members including Psych NPs, PAs, and doctoral level psychologists. Often provides input on more complex cases brought forth by midlevel providers.
- Time can be split up to 50% collaboration with the remaining 50% for patient care only during scheduled patient hours. Often consultation for complex cases or as requested by mid level psychiatric providers.
- No requirement for co-signing charts or chart reviews.
- No requirement for mid-level training.
- Conducts 1:1 clinical supervision meetings weekly with all in midlevel psychiatric providers. No additional paperwork required.
- Is available to provide consultation and support for complex cases in real-time only during scheduled collaboration hours.
- Keeps current on relevant medical, behavioral research, technology, and related issues * Demonstrate appropriate medical judgment and appropriate use of resources with regards to care plans, diagnostic testing and referrals.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with midlevel providers.
- Support midlevel providers in delivering timely, evidence-based and appropriate patient care. Flexible scheduling with option to decide how to split time between collaboration hours and patient care hours.
- Services include psychogenomic testing, psychological testing, IV and intranasal ketamine and psychotherapy.
- No hospital/ ER responsibilities and no weekend or evening coverage required
- Superb interdisciplinary team system
- Medication prior authorizations, medication refills and other misc. paperwork completed by support staff
- Can be performed remotely.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Board Certified in Psychiatry, Board Certified in Addiction Medicine, Geriatrics subspecialty preferred [Board Eligible for up to one year if new grad]
- Medical Doctorate or Doctorate of Osteopathy required
- Current DEA certification
- Ability to meet al HPMH Credentialing Requirements
- Extensive experience in providing psychiatric care to a wide range of patients including geriatrics.
- Familiarity with AMA 2021 CPT and ICD-10 codes as related to billing practices.
- Driver’s license without restrictions and with a good driving record.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, outpatient care desired.
- Knowledge of applicable clinical standards of care.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $250.00 - $275.00 per hour
Patients are being seen remotely.
- DEA Certification (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Relocation Assistance Provided: