Enthusiastic, engaging and reliable English Language Arts teachers are wanted to teach one or multiple weekly one-hour writing classes to 3rd to 6th grade level students (English learners or near native speakers) located abroad. Position is responsible for creating a classroom environment that develops in each student writing skills that are fundamental to effective communication and literate citizenship.
1. Teach students about the structure and content of the English language such as proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
2. Teach about different literary styles.
3. Develop lesson plans, curricula, and supplementary instructional resources that guide and challenge students.
4. Provide individualized and small group instruction online to address the needs of students.
5. Encourage students to think independently and to express original ideas.
6. Develop relevant assignments and tests.
7. Grade student essays and tests.
8. Assess each student’s skill level.
9. Evaluate each student’s progress in meeting the course standards.
10. Communicate with counselors on student progress.
11. Prepare report cards and keep appropriate records.
1. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field such as English literature.
2. A state board teaching certification or professional license with appropriate endorsement to teach English Language Arts.
3. Minimum 5 years of relevant teaching experience.
4. Ability to develop writing curricula and create lesson plans.
5. Comfortable working with students of different skill levels.
6. Dynamic, articulate, patient, reliable, fun-loving & professional.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
8. Familiar with current online teaching technology.
Compensation commensurate with experience
Please note: Our classes are normally scheduled between 6:00am and 9:00am US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri and possibly on weekends (mornings or evenings).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $1,500.00 - $10,000.00 per year
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Teaching: 5 years (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
- Fully Remote