We are seeking experienced English Language Arts (“ELA”) teachers to teach English for 5th graders. The classes will be conducted through online platform.
- Plan, construct and prepare online teaching PowerPoints
- Commit at least four hours of teaching each week to 5th and 6th graders
- Provide feedback on students’ performance after each lesson
- Review writing assignments and provide edit suggestions.
Qualifications and experience required
- Master's degree or higher (Education, Literature, or English major)
- Classroom teaching experience in English Language Arts
- Experience in literature close reading and writing required
- Willing to commit to a regular weekly schedule
- Candidates must have two years' experience in lead teacher position at 5th Grade or 6th Grade in a public school, private school, or charter school.
- Candidates must be familiar with curriculum writing under the framework of Units of Study in Reading & Writing
- Willing to work in the early mornings of the weekend
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $85.00 per hour
- Weekend availability
- Master's (Required)
- Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Teaching Certification (Required)
- Fully Remote