This role can be done partially via telehealth and then in the office for assessments as need in either our Yonkers, White Plains or Peekskill, NY office locations.
We have Per Diem, Part Time or Full Time Options open for this position. Schedule can be flexible.
ANDRUS nurtures social and emotional well-being in children, their families and the community by delivering a broad range of vital services and by providing research, training and innovative program models that promote standards of excellence for professional performance in and beyond our service community.
Andrus provides annually a broad network of supports to over 2,500 vulnerable children and families of all backgrounds and means. Our mental health division (MHD) extends individualized child and family interventions, supports parents, caregivers, and helps children and their families build on their unique strengths while managing their particular challenges. With Clinics in Yonkers, White Plains, and Peekskill, we are able to provide services to families in northern, southern, and central Westchester.
ANDRUS' Mental Health Division in Peekskill is seeking a Child Psychiatrist. The Staff Psychiatrist provides psychiatric services to children and families. The Per Diem Child Psychiatrist is under the supervision of Chief of Psychiatry. Position requires availability for at least 7 to 10 hours per week, ideally on Thursday or Friday.
· Current New York State Physician License and DEA registration, plus board certification in child and adolescent psychiatry
· Experience in child and adolescent psychiatry
· Excellent analytical and clinical skills to resolve complex clinical and diagnostic problems.
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of EMR.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to meet session productivity standards.
· Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license
· Physical Requirements:
o Climb Stairs
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks are a requirement as well as social distancing. Temperature checks are done and cleaning of offices often.
- Doctorate (Required)
- child and adolescent psychiatry: 1 year (Preferred)
- ERM: 1 year (Preferred)
- strong computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Current NYS Physician License (Required)
- DEA registration (Required)
- Board Certified in child and adolescent psychiatry (Required)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations