We are hiring teachers for the Fall semester for part time online teaching positions.
The Hudson Global Scholars Teacher is a highly qualified and experienced educator responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. Teachers provide instruction, support, and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs. Teachers closely monitor student progress relative to their individual course schedule and provide help/intervention as needed to advance each student's learning toward established goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- The functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide live, synchronous instruction and asynchronous student facilitation support.
- Work closely with and support a broad variety of domestic and international students.
- Prepare for live instruction via technology needs, course material, and instructional plan.
- As a part of student facilitation, the following expectations are required of teachers:
- Adhere to communication procedures and policies for student success.
- Grading student work within 24-business hours of submission
- Responding to email communication within 24-business hours
- Provide sufficient feedback on student work
- Weekly student emails and documentations
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and for the virtual classroom, develops reasonable rules of virtual classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the virtual classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Work with and collaborate with Mentor Teachers and Academic Manager for your department.
- Has knowledge of and adheres to the Policies of Hudson Global Scholars.
- Has knowledge of and adheres to the State Principles of Professional Conduct and Code of Ethics for Educators.
- You may be asked to teach in a Catholic faith-based program where you have students of the Catholic faith within your classroom. A personal commitment to the Catholic faith is not required; however, as a teacher in this environment, you should never speak against any religious beliefs or constructs. Additionally, you may be required to learn the essential teachings of the Catholic religion to better facilitate student-teacher relationships for optimal outcomes in the classroom.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited US university.
- State teaching certification (any state), and/or relevant credential in subject area(s) to be taught, preferred.
- Minimum one year of online teaching experience preferred.
- If teaching Catholic religion classes:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Theology from a Catholic University, required.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing, as evidenced by a letter from a Pastor or other Parish Official, required.
- Minimum two years of grade-appropriate subject-matter knowledge and teaching experience in a Catholic school, preferred.
- Catechist Certification, preferred.
- Part-time availability with flexibility for early morning or late evening synchronous classes to meet the needs of international students, preferred.
- Experience in developing lesson plans for K-12, preferred.
- Knowledge of proven strategies for student success in subject area.
- Ability to write strategies as needed for self-guided, web-based audience.
- Skills to manage the work, set priorities, and evaluate progress toward outcomes.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work cooperatively and effectively with individuals and groups.
- Exhibit proven skills of all applicable and recommended computer applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to work quickly on deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Technical Requirements:
- 4GB PC (Windows 7,10) or 4GB Mac (OS 10.7.5+) (We do not currently support Chromebook.)
- Chrome (80+) or Firefox (74+)
- High speed internet (2Mb+)
- Some courses may require Adobe Flash and Adobe Acrobat Reader
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- English/Language Arts teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- English/Language Arts teaching credential (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Fully Remote