We are looking for a passionate and driven Field Sales Representative who has experience in the Education space, has an affinity for languages and loves building relationships to join our dynamic sales team in the Washington DC/ Maryland/Richmond area.
In this role, you will build and manage our Washington DC/Maryland/Richmond territory selling our print and digital higher language education products to 2-year and 4-year schools or programs. If you share our passion for language education, love building relationships, welcome the challenge of winning new business, enjoy exceeding goals and client expectations, we want to hear from you!
Location: Ideal candidate will reside within the territory assigned to this position.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Network and develop a strong understanding of the specific needs of schools and customers within the assigned territory
- Deliver impactful and engaging digital or live presentations to customers that show how our products and solutions can help solve their challenges and achieve learning outcomes
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships and working relationships with key education professionals at current and potential customers
- Partner effectively with sales support team members in an effort to satisfy our customers’ needs
- Close business on a consistent basis to achieve sales quotas
- Utilize Salesforce.com and other tools to build an effective territory database for analysis, planning and account management
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of sales, business development or territory management experience required; Education, Ed-tech, Publishing or Language or technology product sales highly preferred
- Prior teaching experience helpful; Specific experience in French, German, Spanish or Italian a plus
- Demonstrated success in attaining and achieving sales goals
- Strong technology orientation and previous experience selling technology products
- Proven relationship building, sales and customer support mindset
- Ability to effectively sell/present to a variety of audiences in different ways (i.e. in-person, telephone, Go-To-Meeting, Skype, webinars, etc.)
- Experience managing a long sales cycle
- Excellent prospecting, territory building and management skills
- Successful experience with a solution and consultative sales approach
- Excellent prospecting, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Focused, strategic, and have a desire to make an impact; you are a “glass half full” thinker
- Ability to work well independently in a home office environment
- Some overnight travel is required, around 40% during the academic year
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education, secondary, and elementary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in English, Spanish, French, Italian and German, Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision/STD/LTD insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO, paid holidays, EAP, and more.
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.