MGPS (ManpowerGroup Public Sector) has multiple direct hire opportunities for Fukienese Interpreter with the 3rd largest language interpretation service provider in the United States.
Entry-level candidates willing to learn are encouraged to apply.
While these positions only involve spoken interpretation (no written translation is required), we encourage individuals with other professional linguistic experience to apply, including foreign language instructors.
We are seeking native speakers of Fukienese to work from home as full-time or part-time Phone/Video Interpreters.
No previous experience as an interpreter is required although it will be helpful to have a good command of vocabulary in one or more of the following areas: Medical, Legal, Financial, and Insurance.
Interpreters are responsible for handling calls on demand and accurately interpret the meaning of conversations between Fukienese and English speakers.
1. Do you speak English and Fukienese fluently?
2. Do you want to put your language skills to direct use assisting other non-English speakers to communicate from Fukienese into English with first responders (firefighters, police, EMTs, etc.), medical professionals (doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc.), financial specialists (bankers, etc.), insurance specialists, and others?
3. Do you want to start a career in interpreting with a company that will pay for your training?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, please register with us at the link below so we can contact you immediately for further consideration:
About the position:
· 100% remote from your home.
· Fukienese interpreters are paid $2.50 per minute.
. Fully Remote
· Up to three (3) weeks of PAID training in interpretation provided by the company before conducting any phone/video interpretation.
Qualifications and requirements:
· Fluency in Fukienese and English.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to find the best way of communicating with someone who has limited English proficiency.
· Education or work experience in language-related fields such as teaching, language assessment, translation, or interpretation preferred, but not required.
· Good listening, recall, and note-taking skills to keep a high level of accuracy during interpretation
· Legally authorized to work in the US (green card or US citizenship). Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
· Access to high-speed internet. Access to a laptop or PC to complete the initial online professional training. Access to a quiet workspace or work environment where you can work uninterrupted.
· Clear pre-employment background check and/or drug screen.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
About the Client Company:
Our customer is a reputable Language Interpretation Services Provider. They provide over-the-phone and on-site language interpretation and document translation services worldwide for law enforcement, healthcare organizations, legal courts, schools, and businesses in over 240 languages.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $2.49 - $2.50 per hour
- Upon successfully passing all requirements; Are you willing to take a drug test? (Please note: This is required).
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Fukienese (Preferred)
- Fully Remote