Building solid, rewarding careers for 35 years!
At Builders Mutual, we take pride in creating a highly talented team, dedicated to serving and providing commercial insurance coverage exclusively to the construction industry. It’s not just our specialty—it’s all we do. We are an exclusive leading writer of commercial insurance products, headquartered in Raleigh, NC, with a Mid-Atlantic and Southeast market. Our core values of people, teamwork, and results support our vision and reflect our identity to get the job done right. You know that your contributions make an impact, and you get to do your best work, every day!
To ensure your success, you will be provided with a supportive environment as you become acclimated to Builders Mutual through our extensive in-person and virtual onboarding process. This position will provide you with the flexibility to set your schedule and to work from your home office with additional field interaction. Some overnight travel is required, with fieldwork anticipated about 3 days per week.
Your WORK as a Risk Management Consultant will make a difference as you:
- Manage your assigned region by identifying and surveying accounts
- Schedule and conduct client surveys along with preparing and submitting reports
- Monitor and analyze territory trends, developing corrective action plans to improve results
- Provide risk management training and services to potential and current clients.
- Exhibit excellent time management skills and can work from a home office.
- Professionally conduct business to maintain the reputation of Builders Mutual.
- Work with Territory Sales Manager in support of agents within the region
Skills to get the JOB done RIGHT:
- 3-5 years’ experience in risk management, safety, construction, or loss control
- Bachelor's degree in the following fields of study is preferred: Safety Management, Risk Management, Insurance, Business Management, Construction Management, Industrial or Environmental Engineering OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong communication, relationship building, organizational skills along with advanced MS office skills
- Insurance industry experience, OSHA 501 Outreach instructor certification, and designations/certifications are preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Reside or willing to relocate to the southeast region of Virginia (Norfolk, Chesapeake, or the Virginia Beach) market
Our EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
- Meaningful work opportunities that impact our company and industry
- Employee centric, inclusive culture where you get to do your best work every day
- Opportunity to work with industry leaders and team members where your differences and perspectives are valued.
- Competitive Compensation with bonus opportunity, benefits/wellness program, company car, and monthly technology stipend
- Grow your technical and leadership skills in our Builders University, company-sponsored continuing education, designation, and certification programs