Lead Product Designer, Strategy
The Global Risk Solutions (GRS) User Experience team strives to increase adoption and improve ease of use of our products to delight our customers. We do that by building a deep understanding of users' behaviors, needs and goals. In collaboration with teams across GRS, we support experiences that represent touchpoints and interactions our customers have with products and identify ways to improve their experiences by testing and learning. If you're an innovative UX strategist who wants to develop and implement experience strategies for complex businesses and customer processes, this opportunity may be the perfect fit for you.
You will partner with delivery, technology, and product peers to define the vision, mission, and strategy for a global platform area and three key business segments (North America, Liberty Specialty Markets, and Surety). You will be responsible for future digital customer experience, partnering with the Digital product owners, ensuring that how our customers experience digital product and capabilities will result in effective use of the products, in alignment with objectives and key results and key performance indicators. You will also determine how the aligned global platform presents its service offerings to both internal and external customers across GRS.
Over time, the responsibilities of this role will evolve, as the platform matures from a defining/forming phase, to a delivery/performing phase. The focus will shift towards designing the experience and putting enough detail in order to paint a picture of how capabilities should be experienced, while not being overly prescriptive. This includes developing a thorough understanding of our customers (the users of the Global Platform), the digital product capabilities in the Global Platform, and technical reality of the Global Platform.
This is a range posting Grade 16/17. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
In this role:
- Translate and Innovate - You will align with delivery, technology, and product leads to understand the business vision, objectives and transformation plans to help identify opportunities for competitive advantage.
- You will analyze cross-organizational experiences to identify inefficiencies, gaps, and opportunities to improve and innovate.
- You will provide UX input to assist with product investment decisions, product strategy, and product roadmap development across a number of digital products.
- You will provide input into UX strategy for the global platform ranging from resourcing to research and design decisions.
- You will create user-centered design solutions for internal and external-facing experiences that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the user experience.
- You will ensure that the look and feel, layout, and interaction details of your work is consistent with patterns established by the Design System and identify needs for new patterns and design components to solve customer problems.
- You will provide coaching and guidance to other product designers on the team to elevate our approach to user experience research and design and promote the craft of UX across the organization.
- Serving in lead capacity on large, complex projects, creates user experience and visual design strategy and solutions for projects based on business objectives and user research.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve user experience in the aligned global platform area.
- Develops the UX strategy for the global platform while functioning as a member of the platform leadership team.
- Serves as subject matter expert in the defined UX and brand standards and the execution of visual, interaction and motion design.
- Analyzes impact of proposed changes and recommends new standards as needed and contributes to pattern library with markup.
- Leads the objective-setting and discovery process with support from team leadership, including user persona development and interpreting user goals.
- Collaborates with product leaders to design and execute a variety of user research activities. Synthesizes and broadly communicates results of user research, concept testing, usability testing and quantitative analysis to make complex design recommendations. Acts as an advocate for the end user within a cross-functional team.
- Works collaboratively by sharing designs early and often, seeking constructive feedback and integrating feedback to improve solutions.
- Offers guidance and provides constructive feedback to other team members.
- Helps team members develop, strengthen and align their ideas with business and customer goals.
- As typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of experience in a related field: Experience using methodologies such as Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Familiarity with the following core disciplines, with demonstrated expertise in at least two and proficiency in two others: visual design, UX design, prototyping, front-end development, user research and/or experiment design.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the company.
- Proven ability to present projects and status reports to senior management.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate complex content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.