Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education for every student. Over 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child's success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
About the Role:
An important part of Panorama's impact and growth to date has been our Teaching and Learning team. Teaching and Learning team members inspire and equip leaders and educators to support students holistically through professional learning, leading hundreds of sessions per year and achieving highly favorable reviews from leaders and educators. As Teaching & Learning grows in response to client needs, we are eager to welcome a Senior Professional Learning Designer to our team. This team member will be responsible for establishing Teaching & Learning's official curriculum for core workshop offerings, and for continuously expanding Panorama's core workshop offerings to meet the needs of schools and districts nationally.
- Design and manage the curriculum and resources for the Teaching & Learning team's core workshop offerings, ensuring that every Teaching & Learning team member has ready access to session materials and facilitation guides that reflect inclusive and effective practices.
- Research and develop session content based on novel topics of importance to schools and districts nationally, ensuring that core workshop curriculum is responsive to what leaders and educators are telling Panorama they need in each year of partnership.
- Occasionally lead or observe facilitation of educator-facing workshops to field test new curriculum.
- Support on-boarding sessions for Professional Learning Consultants and recently joined Professional Learning Managers, especially for on-boarding to Panorama's Core Offerings.
- Lead Train the Trainer workshops for internal Teaching & Learning team members to build confidence and efficacy in the facilitation of new workshop offerings.
- Build and maintain systems to support knowledge management transfer and processes that will empower team members to recommend session content to our clients and internal team members.
- Establish systems for reviewing, prioritizing, and implementing curriculum-focused feedback from internal team members across functions and clients / participants.
- In partnership with Teaching & Learning Operations, oversee and help manage templates and materials associated with core workshop offerings.
- Actively and creatively seek ways to scale and maximize impact on students and educators through professional learning, to support student impact and protect Teaching & Learning revenue year-over-year.
What We're Looking For:
- 7-10 years of experience in education, including at least 2 years of experience in instructional or curriculum design for adult learners
- Demonstrated ability to support adult learners through the design and facilitation of client-facing professional learning events and programs
- Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning experiences that align to research-based principles of trauma-informed facilitation practices and adult learning
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and make continuous improvements to support the accessibility and cultural responsiveness of curriculum through innovation and inclusivity-focused design principles
- Demonstrated ability to build internal knowledge and skills that empowers others to achieve excellence in facilitation work
- Demonstrated track record of continuously improving systems and processes, and ability to create new systems that empower teams and increase effectiveness
- Excellent project management skills demonstrated through the successful leadership of concurrent projects and/or initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information and processes effectively and clearly in writing and through the creation of asynchronous resources
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a strong, positive, and results-driven culture of collaboration and partnership cross-functionally
- Proven ability to empathize with colleagues in different roles, and to collaborate cross-functionally in order to support a successful project outcome
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness advancing equity and inclusion internally and with clients by meeting individuals and teams where they are on their journey, especially across lines of identity-based and cultural differences and in light of complex and challenging socio-political contexts
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can build a vision without perfect information and lead projects through change
- Drive to continue to learn more about school districts, district leaders, and educators, the challenges they face, and how Panorama can help support them
- Travel requirements: Up to 25% travel, public health conditions permitting
Panorama excitedly hosts "all team meetings" twice a year in Boston. We expect all Panoramians to meet their team in person. (Paused currently due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we've seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.