Graphic & MultiMedia Designer/Marketing Intern
Who we are:
This is an exciting time for NOVONIX as we build and grow our battery material and technology company to service the critical needs of the electric vehicle and energy storage supply chains. As a leader in the industry with operations in both Canada and the United States, NOVONIX develops advanced, high- performance materials and equipment, and provides consultative testing services for the global lithium- ion battery market. The goal is to provide the necessary materials and technologies our clients need to manufacture batteries that must have longer lifecycles, are more energy-efficient, have reduced chemical use and waste generation, and support a cleaner power input for an environmentally sustainable energy future.
Our NOVONIX Battery Technology Solutions division, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, focuses on innovative battery research and development, along with providing advanced battery testing equipment and services on a global scale. In Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA, our Anode Materials division manufactures our synthetic graphite anode materials used to make lithium-ion batteries which power electric vehicles, personal electronics, medical devices, energy storage units, and more.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, and paid time off
- Laidback, informal, fun culture
- Smart, collaborative team members
- Remote role
- A chance to reduce the carbon footprint and work toward a cleaner energy future
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Graphic & Multimedia intern role will put your talents to the test. You will be asked to conceptualize, design and implement creative graphic and multimedia projects on time and in line with the overall business objectives. The outputs of your efforts will be to support the education and awareness initiatives of the NOVONIX brand and story within the market through both print and digital mediums.
Team and a strong culture are at the heart of NOVONIX’s success. We foster a strong team environment where collaboration is at the forefront of everything you do. The right can and will-do
attitude is what is required. The sweet spot is being able to channel your talents and tool kit to nurture what is best for the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (not limited to):
The ideal candidate should have passion and talent for creating high impact visuals, influential content and strategic designs geared to optimize performance-based marketing efforts. We want campaigns that wow our audience and drive leads to the sales team. To be successful in this intern role at
NOVONIX, you have a passion for all facets that visually contribute and enhance the storytelling. You will gain invaluable hands-on experience with all tools of the trade -- graphic design, illustrations, motion graphics, techniques and effects and photoshop.
- Generate fresh design concepts to support the sales team with NOVONIX visuals and branding and templates required with in-hand content and collateral to emphasize key value propositions
- Play a critical role in our Tradeshow season supporting booth design, branding and sales collateral
- Leverage on brand graphic elements based on strategic campaigns to educate and drive awareness and engagement about NOVONIX, the value propositions, key differentiators and why do business with us
- Contribute to the print and video content:
o This would include the development of overall layout and production design for items like: advertisements, brochures/collateral, eblasts, corporate proposals, educational videos, templates and signage/posters o Edit broll footage with text, audio, animation, photography to create informational and impactful video content
- Ensuring brand consistency throughout various marketing projects and other departmental collaborators to ensure quality and that brand guidelines are met
- Work with the team to create designs for merchandise like ballcaps, t-shirts, rash guards and more, as needed
- Support internal communications efforts that help develop and grow the corporate culture
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills
- Adaptable and quick learner. Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for NOVONIX
- Know how to use the following tools: Adobe Creative Suite. InDesign, photoshop, motion graphics programs, video editing suite
- Strong eye for photography and broll video footage compilation
- Designed storyboards to capture the intent, is a nice to have
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, a broad thinker who can offer a variety of design solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Sees constructive feedback as a healthy part of the design process
- Able to take projects from start to finish
Extra awesome if you also have:
- Working knowledge of the full Adobe Acrobat suite of programs
- Portfolio of relevant work
- Entrepreneur with some work experience
One dream. One team. One Novonix.
If this job isn’t for you but you know someone who is, please share this posting with them!
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote