Wellfleet, a Berkshire Hathaway company, delivers customer-centric accident and health insurance, with quality service and uncompromising ethics. Wellfleet works to protect people against risk throughout every stage of life – from grade school to college to the workplace.
Founded in 1993 as Consolidated Health Plans (CHP), Wellfleet, headquartered in Springfield, Mass., is one of the nation’s leading providers of health and accident insurance products to the higher education market.
In this role, you will…
- Learn the basics of insurance
- Understand the student health insurance products serviced at Wellfleet
- Learning to navigate the LuminX claim system
- Understand the customer service process
- Meet and/or exceed productivity standards
- Provide accurate responses to callers
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to ensure calls are answered within queue standards
- Adhere to deadlines/turn-around times
- Demonstrates the ability to comprehend and interpret documents, such as: training manuals, correspondence, brochures, cheat sheets etc.
- Ability to multitask
- Ensure that all voicemail messages are obtained, and calls are returned within 24 hours
- Consistently maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Communicates issues, concerns etc. to supervisor
- Respond to email inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned, or as situation dictates
We are looking for candidates with…
- Effective communication skills and be patient, resilient and stress tolerant
- A minimum of one years’ work experience in customer service preferably working in a health insurance setting, medical billing office, coding with a health care provider or related field
- Customer-focused with a genuine interest in helping others
- Cooperative and enjoy working with others as part of a team
- Mature, responsible and dependable with focus and attention to detail
- Above average computer proficiency skills with ability to type
- Stable work history
Excellent phone etiquette skills with the ability to multitask while maintaining integrity and quality of service
Here at Wellfleet, we foster a culture of growth that enables engaged and high-performing professionals to be empowered to deliver our mission and vision.
Our employees are a team devoted to providing customer service that exceeds expectations of our members and clients. Successful team members continually look for ways to improve product delivery and value.
Wellfleet offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, short- and long-term disability coverage, flexible/dependent care spending account, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
Are you interested in exploring a career at Wellfleet? Explore our open positions.
Wellfleet is part of the MedPro Group family. As such, all Wellfleet team members are employees of MedPro Group Inc. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.