Dentons Bingham Greenebaum is recruiting for a Business Development Specialist for its Litigation, Tax and Estate Planning Practice Groups to be based in our Louisville office. The Business Development Specialist position is an integral role for a versatile professional who enjoys being embedded with his/her assigned practices while also working alongside the entire Dentons marketing team.
The Business Development Specialist will be expected to be proactive with business development and marketing strategies to assist in generating new client relationships, expanding current client relationships, and enhancing the firm's brand recognition.
This position will work collaboratively with the firm’s Litigation, Tax and Estate Planning Practice Group Leaders, the Chair of our Revenue Growth Committee and other partners on key projects to ensure coordination, appropriate leveraging of resources, consistency of approach and effective execution of initiatives. The position will report to the leader of the firm’s Clients, Markets & Communications team.
- Contribute to the development of business plans and budgets and work with lawyers to execute BD initiatives
- Respond to Requests for Proposals and prepare pitches and proposals designed to obtain new business, including the development of content for RFPs/pitches and client presentations, as well as online and offline communications; ensure presentation of content is consistent with branding
- Develop client/prospect collateral and sales tools, including material for pitch meetings, seminars and speaking engagements, events, sponsorships, client alerts, newsletters, fact sheets and other direct client communications
- Identify opportunities for thought leadership and other marketing and campaign ideas to increase brand awareness within the practices
- Serve as point of contact for conferences, sponsorships and seminars; coordinate with lawyers and others to provide required materials
- Collect and archive matter/case summaries and all related information for use in pitches/RFPs, bios, legal directory submissions, website, annual review, press releases etc.
- Draft and complete awards/rankings submissions and submit new matters to ranking agencies for league table and other credit/acknowledgment
- Orient laterals, including working with them to develop and implement BD plans that take the global platform, synergies and cross-selling opportunities into consideration
- Monitor competitive activity, client and company, sector and geographic trends, draw conclusions, assess implications and prepare marketing and research reports
- Assist with tracking budget throughout the year and make recommendations to optimize limited resources
- Regularly update and work with PR colleagues across Dentons to promote lawyers via media opportunities
- Coordinate with other Dentons offices for practice/sector specific events
- Other duties as may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred; Master's or law degree is a plus
- 6 years of experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high-visibility, time-sensitive business development projects
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively
- Must understand the goals, service, culture and strategy of both the firm and the practice he/she supports
- Social media savvy
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
All staff and clients are required to wear a mask in common areas and social distance.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Business Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location