The Senior Instructional Designer is part of the team responsible for the design and development of learning solutions that enable our 70,000 Team Members to achieve their performance goals. The Senior Instructional Designer will consult directly with the business to guide learning decisions, define learning outcomes, and ultimately design and develop effective, engaging, and integrated learning experiences. Of great value are speed to market, empathy-based design principles, and modern design approaches, as well as team mentorship and Articulate Storyline expertise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or a related degree with transferrable skills
- 4-6 years of experience in Instructional Design in a corporate setting, with demonstrated growth over time.
- Mastery of eLearning tools; Articulate 360 mastery is required.
- Experience with animation tools, such as Vyond.
- Experience with rapid-authoring tools, such as Articulate Rise.
- Experience with audio and video editing tools and workflows.
- Consult independently with business partners to untangle learning requests, recommend learning options and redirect if necessary, and ultimately propose learning designs that best suit the problem, outcomes, audience, and environment. Seek win-win solutions that leverage our entire enterprise learning ecosystem. Become the “go-to expert” for business stakeholders.
- Drive project management for team deliverables, including multiple project oversight and detailed project execution. Make tradeoffs and assess prioritization based on business needs. Push for delivery before deadlines.
- Mentor colleagues both internal to the team and on other teams across the enterprise in stakeholder management, learning design, and Articulate development and troubleshooting.
- Practice an empathy-driven approach to content design that involves understanding the diversity of our learners and learning environments.
- Design effective learning solutions (classroom, eLearning, video, etc.) to meet the learners’ needs and solve business opportunities.
- Develop high quality materials including eLearning, facilitation materials, participant guides, worksheets, job aids, animations, video, and voiceovers, in alignment with company brand and design standards.
- Test and problem-solve functionality of all courses in eLearning staging environments; resolve functionality issues or requests. Pilot and iterate on any instructor-led training content.
- Measure effectiveness of training programs to ensure they meet the goals of the project; use the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Distill complex ideas into appealing visual graphics and stories using creativity and clear, concise, and simple copy writing.
- Track latest trends in instructional design and technologies. Present ideas for possible adoption or infusion.
- Identify and develop new procedures and techniques to improve training and operational effectiveness; create standards for consistent delivery.
- Soft skills: Highly motivated, productive, deadline driven, and independent developer, who will also collaborate with other instructional designers to develop best-in-class learning content; above average verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and content editing capabilities. Leadership skills and ability to influence without authority.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS