Araceli Biosciences seeks an experienced and energetic Business Development Manager in Northern CA to drive capital equipment sales of our drug discovery portfolio in the High Content Analysis (HCA) space. Specifically, candidates must have recent experience selling direct to scientific labs in pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The Specialist will organically grow and build relationships with a new customer base.
- Drive capital equipment-focused sales activities to exceed territory revenue target goals
- Demonstrate clear technology and product expertise in the area of drug discovery and high content analysis and imaging
- Act as a voice of customer as appropriate, manage follow-up and complaint resolution in a timely manner
- Develop understanding of the individual needs, preferences, and motivations of each customer contact, while cultivating and managing relationships
- Utilize solutions-based selling methodologies to grow the high content analysis portfolio in accordance with the strategic business goals
- Demonstrate clear product and technology expertise to advise customers in high content imaging
- Manage and minimize the sales cycle timeline, while implementing tracking mechanisms for the management of the opportunity funnel
- Prospect for new opportunities to develop new leads and sell products and services
Experience and Qualifications:
- A degree in science or engineering a plus, or alternatively a degree in business with Life Sciences or Drug Discovery experience will be considered
- A combination of at least 5 years of capital equipment sales or business development in Life Sciences markets
- Knowledge and understanding of the Life Sciences and Drug Discovery industry
- History of selling directly to life sciences laboratories, academic, pharmaceutical and biotech customers
- Understanding of microscopy, data analysis, and drug discovery workflows
- Exceptional negotiating and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills Focused, organized, and team-focused selling experience
Job Location: Northern CA ideally in the Bay Area.
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401(k) match, Tuition Reimbursement, 10 company holidays per year and 3 weeks of PTO (prorated in the first year of employment, depending on date of hire).
Araceli is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.