Laurel Business & Technical Institute is seeking an Online Graphic Design Adjunct Instructor responsible for teaching contracted course(s) in accordance with Laurel curriculum requirements and meeting Laurel Standards for student attendance and student passing rate.
An Online Adjunct Instructor is contracted to teach and facilitate a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum, proactively supporting all facets of Laurel’s mission. An Online Adjunct Instructor is responsible for fostering and encouraging an online culture of learning through appropriate distance delivery mechanisms.
Laurel Business/Technical Institute offers Certificates, Diplomas, and Associate’s degrees and specializes in allied health, business and applied technology programs. The school is licensed by the state of PA, approved by the Department of Education, and accredited by ACCSC.
- Ability to teach online courses in graphic design and computer software.
- Prepare and submit weekly lesson plans that are driven by the course and program objectives and that include a balance of teacher and student-centered instructional strategies as well as assessment (formative and/or summative) strategies.
- Maintain current knowledge of the field of study via regular and active participation in professional development activities. Maintain membership and involvement in professional and community organizations.
- Relate to students in a professional manner. Encourage students to seek additional help as needed. Work willingly with students who experience difficulty. Communicate student issues of concern to appropriate channels while respecting FERPA guidelines.
- Augment college created curriculum with relevant and meaningful instructional supplements which further enhance the learning experience for students.
- Use multiple sources of data to inform instructional decisions and efforts toward effective preparation of students.
- Communicate regularly with students to celebrate successes, address academic and attendance concerns and to provide constructive and robust feedback related to assignments and course objectives in a timely manner.
- Exemplify leadership by modeling professionalism, lifelong learning, and commitment to serving students both inside and outside the classroom. Strive toward continuous improvement and efforts to consistently demonstrate all desired behaviors listed in the faculty competency matrix.
- Maintain an online classroom environment conducive to learning
- Respond to student communication within 24 hours.
- Post interactive responses to student discussion posts within the LMS within 24 hours.
- Grade all assignments submitted by students within 5 days of the due date.
- Maintain a cheerful, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Communicate regularly with students to celebrate successes, address academic and attendance concerns and to provide constructive and robust feedback related to assignments and course objectives in a timely manner
- Evaluate student progress.
- Advise students on progress at mid-term and term end with documentation.
- Evaluate students on professionalism.
- Tutor students as needed.
- Supplement student material when needed with approval from the Director of Distance Education.
- Refer students to the Director of DE Student Services if additional advising is necessary.
- Keep accurate and timely records.
- Maintain student records and grades.
- Post records through student management system (i.e Canvas).
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $21.00 - $62.00 per hour
- Are you a resident of one of the following states: AL, FL, GA, IA, IL, KS, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, SC, NE, NJ, PA, TN, TX, VA, WI or WV ?"
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- Online Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Graphic design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote