MBI Health Services, LLC is a certified behavioral health agency servicing the D.C. Metropolitan Area, offering a wide range of services and programs for both adults and children. We are seeking a compassionate, knowledgeable, dedicated Child Psychiatrist to be responsible for conducting counseling sessions with children and adolescents and their family members. The child psychiatrist addresses issues such as ADHD, anxiety, eating disorders, and counsels’ patients and family members to determine long-term and short-term treatment goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use a variety of methods to evaluate a patient, their conditions, disorders, or disabilities, such as interviewing the patient, their family or other persons.
- Diagnosing mental and affective conditions.
- Developing treatment plans according to the needs of the patient and extent of emotional, social, cognitive, developmental, or behavioral disorder; using therapies, and counseling, and determining when psychiatric medication is necessary and appropriate.
- Assisting patients as they cope with difficult situations.
- Educating family members or guardians on supporting patients.
- Consulting for social services and court systems; consult with patient’s Primary Care Physician or other health care providers.
- Provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Continuing education activities; keep abreast with professional job knowledge by reading publications, attending educational conferences, or maintaining professional networks.
- Write and maintain patient and clinical records, including the type of treatment and medication administered.
- Follow ethical and legal policies, procedures, and standards.
· Psychiatrist candidate must have a medical degree in child psychiatry and a successful completion of an approved psychiatric residency.
· Licensure in child psychiatry to practice medicine in the District of Columbia. Board certification in psychiatry and current Drug Enforcement.
· Administration (DEA) registration is required to prescribe certain medications.
· Knowledge of and experience in clinical skills.
· An understanding and empathetic nature.
· Excellent listening and communication skills
· Ability to remain calm under stress
· Good note taking and record keeping skills
Benefits of working for MBI Health Services, LLC:
Salary - Extremely competitive based on experience
Attractive and Competitive Benefits Package including:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, 401K Matching, Employee Referral Benefits, Short-term/Long-term disability, Growth Opportunities
NOTE: MBI Health Services, LLC will reimburse employees for Licensure renewals.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
It is MBI Health Services policy to comply to D.C. Mayor Bowser's order issued on March 31, 2022, that all DC employees and DC Contract/Grant Agencies must get vaccinated.
Work Location: One location