Dominion National, a rapidly growing and leading provider of dental and vision benefits has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Systems Analyst.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for serving as a liaison between functional and technical resources to manage the development of new system functionality, projects, upgrades, system modifications, and day-to-day problem analysis, issue tracking, and resolution. Work includes managing and tracking projects in Jira and other systems assigned systems.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze all aspects of existing business practices and procedures to identify patterns and trends in support of root cause analysis, solution development and business recommendations.
- Collaborates with department leadership regarding work item prioritization, common frustrations, hindrances and other issues that interrupt their workflow
- Develop specification documents based on interviews which include diagrams, workflow analysis etc.
- Create detailed plans for execution and implementation of existing and new processes.
- Plan tasks associated with business analysis and the software development lifecycle (waterfall, iterative, Agile).
- Conduct stakeholder analysis to identify the stakeholders impacted by recommendations and collaborate with these individuals on change management.
- Serve as the meeting leader on requirements, specifications, and sprint reviews.
- Conducts interface analysis utilizing understanding of technology infrastructure and how it interconnects and share data to achieve business goals.
- Prepare instructional manuals and walkthrough documents for end users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.