Requisition ID: R10011511
- Category: Research and Sciences
- Location: Falls Church - VA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
Join Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services (ES) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. Next Generation Technologies (NGT) is seeking an ambitious leader to join our newly formed Data Office. .
This position reports directly to the Chief Data Officer (CDO) and will have accountability for the integration, operations, and analytics aspects of our data program. The selected candidate will be a key member of the Next Generation organization. The selected candidate will partner with the Chief data officer, to develop the data engineering and data operations, as well as the data analytics.
The incumbent will lead and plan the activities of a team that develops, transforms, and models data and/or data based systems to provide insights, enable decision making and improve performance. Designs visualization and systems for consumption of analytical results; transforms raw data into actionable information. Identifies, communicates, and quantifies opportunities for leveraging analytics solutions and applying data analytics. Acts as liaison with decision makers by providing data-informed strategic direction, and as a liaison with subject matter experts to obtain data sets and set expectations for potential of data analytics. Optimizes organization's data collection, management, and utilization strategy. Communicates the potential impact of analyses and applicable data privacy policies, procedures, and regulation.
The selected candidate will partner across all aspects of the business to ensure data analytics delivers maximum business value to the entire company and fosters a culture that treats data like an appreciating asset.
The selected candidate must have both a strong technical and programmatic background in the data science domain and have experience standing up or running the fundamentals of an enterprise data program.
The individual must model the Northrop Grumman leadership characteristics and demonstrate the company values. The successful candidate must have strong communication, executive presence, and cross-cultural skills to be able to effectively interact with a geographically disbursed team.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Structure the data analytics program aligned to the defined data governance model
- Establish and grow a cadre of data scientists at all levels with a strong focus on talent retention
- Establish a data literacy program to educate the business on data care and value
- Own and run the operational cadence for the Data Office in alignment with ES NextGen Leadership. ES Executive Leadership Team, and Digital Transformation Office
- Shape the technology strategy together with the technology management team, specifically the data and analytics technology stack, critical workflows and channel infrastructure
- Develop and implement strategic partnerships in the business, technology and academic field
- Define data integration standards and governance that strike the right balance of security and enablement
Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of experience in data science domain; 8 years with a Master’s degree
Demonstrated business and technical acumen
Experience leading a large team – matrixed or direct
Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of developments at the intersection of data science, technology and business relevant to the company and drive business innovation through Analytics
Recognized experience as a thought leader and innovator in the development of new tools, methodologies and problem solving approaches
Experience leading a SAFe or Lean-Agile portfolio
Experience with DoD & international customers and/or partners
Experience with large-scale data virtualization
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.