This is a Full-time contract position with the option to work 100% Remote.
The Senior Learning Designer with specialization in MOOCs. This candidate is responsible for developing high-quality courses for online and hybrid environments. This position works closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and is responsible for the supervision of the project. In addition, they provide instructional design support, consultation, needs-based training and guidance for best-practices, ADA compliance support, and quality assurance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, organize, and conduct workshops in new content or programs for internal and external stakeholders
- Coordination and implementation of curriculums
- Coordinates with SME’s to develop online courses that meet the standards for quality assurance as determined by the college or university
- Supervise and be responsible for the quality of work created by the Instructional Design team
- Review coursework against Quality Rubrics
- Proofread, coordinate, approve and maintain curriculum developed by the Instructional Design team
- Assess and discuss the implementation of curriculum standards with stakeholders
- Review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials
- Responsible to lead weekly client meetings.
- Training and onboarding of new team members to the project
- Recommend teaching techniques and the use of different or new technologies
- Develop procedures for faculty to implement a curriculum
- Mentor or coach internal Instructional design team to improve their skills
- Coordinate the project plan and progress made by the curriculum team
- Conduct in-person and virtual meetings with clients on project progress.
- Review and approve course content in client LMS created by the Course Development team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field is required
- Five (5) years of related experience at a college or university or corporate training environment
- Experience in successfully prioritizing, managing multiple projects, and working in a diverse and professional team environment
- Knowledge of the course design rubric and processes such as quality matters
- Knowledge of and experience using a learning management system and other course management tools (EdX, Coursera, Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Moodle, etc.)
- Ability to work well without direct supervision as well as in a team environment
- Proven ability to work with a variety of technology packages in a Mac and Windows environment including word processing, database management, data retrieval, and presentation
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Have you designed and created courses in EdX, Coursera or similar platforms.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- creating Moocs: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote