Estimated: $55,000 - $74,000 a year
Summary of Position
- Empower participants to develop the skills and confidence required to effectively self-manage their chronic condition(s) while implementing WellSpark’s Bio-Psycho-Social model of care.
- Perform outreach telephonically providing education/support, assisting with personalized goal setting, and encouraging the development of action plans; holistically supporting the mind-body connection.
- Foster high quality relationships while reducing healthcare cost utilization to maximize healthy lifestyle choices.
- Perform telephonic outreach to engage identified population, including recently hospitalized or participants identified as having a chronic condition, to promote wellness by coaching, motivating, and educating to attain maximum mental/physical well-being.
- Facilitate promotion of a healthy lifestyle to aid in lowering health risks, preventing illness, and reducing emergency/hospital utilization.
- Empower participants to become active in their own health outcomes by utilizing motivational interviewing, mind/body interventions and behavior change techniques.
- Reduce gaps in care by monitoring compliance with specific clinical guidelines and educating on proactive actions to support preventative outcomes.
- Manage high-profile (impact, risk, utilization, etc.) accounts for WellSpark.
- Queue coverage with Customer Service may be required for portions of workday.
- Connect participants with available community resources and other sources.
- Address social determinants of health to minimize negative impacts thereof (i.e. lack of resources, healthcare, transportation, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison for community, medical, and other resources while providing guidance in the selection of available choices; and as an advocate for the client groups.
- Actively participate in committees, projects, grand rounds, vendor relationships and other meetings that may arise.
- Work collaboratively with manager/supervisor for caseload panel management, call productivity audits, program engagement, continual staff development and maintenance of team goals.
- Act as a mentor and support to fellow colleagues to maintain a highly functioning team.
- Maintain current “state of the art” working knowledge of his/her nursing specialty, and related computer programs through continuing education, community resources and publications.
- Enter and maintain critical data into documentation system to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Manage a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of participants and optimize telephonic outreach rates.
Education, Training, Licenses, Certifications
- Associate’s in nursing; BSN preferred.
- Valid RN license (Connecticut, New York license, or Valid RN Compact), depending on which accounts will be managed.
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist through ADCES preferred.
- Health & Wellness Coach Certification through Wellcoaches preferred
Relevant Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 4 – 6 years of relevant, professional work experience, including 3 + years of clinical experience.
- Experience with managing a large volume of populations with various acuity levels.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal) with all types and levels of audience.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must possess substantial clinical skills and a passion for health improvement.
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment.
- Proficient with computers (MS Office apps), electronic medical records systems, automated environment to support multiple technology platforms, and standard office equipment.
- Proficiency with the use of remote technology (Smartphone, wireless laptop, virtual conference tools, etc.).
- Bilingual language skills.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings, weekends, holidays, and off-hours to accommodate population needs.
- Experience with Cognitive Behavioral Coaching.
- Reliable transportation for on site positions
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Nursing: 4 years (Required)
- Cantonese (Required)
- RN (Required)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (Required)
Work Location: Remote
"Seek employment elsewhere"
Micro managed, management has favorites and make it very uncomfortable on daily basis. Pay extremely low compared to what competitors pay. Doesnt follow ADA.
"Committed to Customer Service"
I had a great career at CCI. While I was there, I was able to contribute directly to the overall culture and success of the company. I loved working there and only left because my position was eliminated in 2015 due to a departmental reorganization. However, that re-org launched me into a position that I would not have had if I had stayed.... things do happen as they are supposed to! I will always have fond memories of my years at CCI.
"Great place to work"
Current Employee•Director of Operations
ConnectiCare has a local feel that has great internal strength. The workplace culture continues to improve. Everyone works across the organization and remains focused on the members experience. It will be important to swiftly identify leaders who aren't leading with culture/engagement in mind and help to raise/train or remove to avoid impact to a high performing team.
"Family doesn’t matter"
Former Employee•Customer Service Representative
It was great in the beginning but once I was in the call center the rules change they told me during the interview not to worry that they were a company that believe family comes first and I let them know I was a single father and my daughter was my priority and they told me no problem they would understand if I she was sick and I had to leave to pick her up but they didn’t it was a lie just to get me to sign with them