Reports To: Head Coach
Basic Functions: Assist the Head Coach in the administration, management and promotion of all aspects of a successful Div. III athletic program including; recruiting, travel arrangements, public relations, fund raising, and compliance with NCAA and Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association rules and regulations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach in coordinating, attending and supervising all daily practice sessions, workouts, contests, and team travel.
- Ensure all practices and contests are conducted in a professional manner and that the highest standards of sportsmanship and integrity are maintained.
- Have and maintain a thorough knowledge of MIAA and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Report any alleged violations of MIAA or NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist the Head Coach in developing, implementing and maintaining a recruiting process to identify and yield the quality of student athlete that would be admissible to Kalamazoo College.
- Coordinate all recruiting activities with the Head Coach, Admissions/Athletic Department liaison and adhere to all institutional admissions policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures as stated in Kalamazoo College’s faculty/staff handbook, athletic department policies and procedures manual and MIAA and NCAA Div. III rules and regulations.
- Adhere to athletic department and business office procedures relative to purchasing and travel expenditures.
- Teach PE courses as assigned by the PE Department Chair.
- Perform special and/or additional duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or Assistant Athletic Director.
Kalamazoo College is a selective, nationally known liberal arts college offering students a personalized, integrated undergraduate experience known as the K-Plan that interweaves a traditional liberal arts curriculum with individualized research and experiential educational experiences in both domestic and international settings. Founded in 1833, Kalamazoo College is one of 40 dynamic Colleges That Change Lives, a group of 40 colleges that excel at developing potential, values and initiative, and provide the foundation for success beyond college. The campus is located midway between Chicago and Detroit in Kalamazoo, Michigan, a metropolitan community of 225,000 that supports four college and university campuses along with numerous civic arts and cultural associations. Thirty-five miles from Lake Michigan, the area offers many opportunities for outdoor activities.
An equal opportunity employer, Kalamazoo College is committed to equal rights, equal opportunities, and equal protection under the law. The College administers its programs without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, height, weight, marital status, physical disability as protected by law, or sexual orientation. The College’s definition of sexual orientation proscribes discrimination based on a person’s sexuality, or gender identity, actual or presumed.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee assistance program
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all Kalamazoo College students, faculty and staff. This includes those who may be working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available at covid.kzoo.edu.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: One location