Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
Overview: The Software Engineering Manager, UI is responsible for managing a team of engineers and for product releases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a global team of engineers following organization defined management processes;
- Leading engineering programs for efficient, high quality new product release and patch releases following defined processes;
- Seek to understand the customer and the purpose the product is serving to achieve customer best results;
- Working as a hands-on contributor at the Sr. Software Engineer level as/when required; handle escalations as needed;
- Works cross functionally with QA and DevOps teams to deliver product to market in an automated fashion;
- Scope of responsibility is typically across one feature set or small product;
- Collaborate effectively with business and technology teams to ensure organizational effectiveness and take advantage of existing solutions and synergies where possible;
- Assist in establishing individual and departmental level goals. Track and deliver metrics to ensure objectives are met;
- Assist in delivery of Technology Roadmap while meeting defined budget;
- Attract, recruit, retain and develop top talent; Responsible for performance evaluations;
- Foster a growth mindset in all employees:
- Support employees in setting and attaining professional and development goals;
- Coach and mentor employees on career and personal development, Agile delivery, and development practices creating a high performing team;
- Support continuous learning;
- Maintain compliance with Inovalons policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalons Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company.
- Strong experience in building and managing web UI applications using React or similar framework.
- Consistent track record collaborating with other teams and their managers to build the best UI applications
- Solid experience in NodeJS, Express
- Knowledge of secure web development practices.
- Working experience with Cloud Security and/or cloud technologies
- 10+ Years of experience, 1+ Years of management experience and delivering software on schedule with quality
- Proven hands-on technical management
- Energetic self-starter, with the desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Sciences, engineering or science.
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Inovalon strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.
Inovalon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirement.
The Company maintains a drug free work environment for all of its associates, which includes employees, contractors and vendors. It is unlawful for associates to manufacture, sell, distribute, dispense, possess or use any controlled substance or marijuana in the workplace and doing so will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or the contracted relationship.