To further understanding the healthcare needs of our community by conducting clinical research, we will be able to:
- Design personalized healthcare treatments which support our precision medicine initiatives
- Improve access to patient care by better understanding barriers and obstacles that are faced by vulnerable populations
- Better understand determinants of health within our community to lead population health initiatives
- Ensure diverse and equitable access to clinical care to achieve optimal health outcomes
- Provide expertise in health equity research and the social determinants of health to support evidence-based inclusive research, and policy development
- Expand our knowledge as a health system to provide better care for ALL all of our patients
Improving health and the delivery of care worldwide requires a focus on equity—equity of access, treatments, and outcomes. Identifying barriers to access, improving our understanding of differences in responses to therapies and disease between individuals and across populations can be part of the solution to achieving health equity and improving health for all. At Spectrum Health Office of Research and Education (SHORE), we believe research drives innovation, improves scientific and clinical outcomes for all patients across our communities. We strive to perform research which contribute s to equitable treatment and patient access regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status or living environment. Representation of diverse populations is essential in clinical trials to understand whether drug efficacy or effectiveness, dosage, and safety are equitably measured across populations and to ensure appropriate access to cutting-edge therapies. The Research Scientist will be accountable for the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of innovative research that uses and develops scientific models, methods and concepts that support the conduct of clinical research, research utilization, and professional development to improve organizational systems and health outcomes for our community.
- Doctorate Degree in Clinical Sciences, Health/Life Sciences, Humanities, or other related Life Science required.
- 2 years of Relevant Experience required (Directly related clinical and/or health care research experience. Prior work experience in primary care research, prospective research, health services research. Experience in health equity focused research. Must have proven track record for publication and external funding.)
- Ideal candidate will possess PhD degree in applicable discipline and prior work experience in primary research, prospective research, and health services research.
- Ideal candidate will also possess two years of experience in health equity research experience and proven track record for publication and external funding.
- This position will observe normal business professional hours and will be a flexible remote position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Doctorate (Required)
- Directly Related Clinical or Health Care Research: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location