Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin on July 1. Applications will not be considered after July 15.
The Human Resources intern will work closely with the Human Resource Generalist and the Senior Director, Human Resources to support a diverse range of Human Resources and Benefits activities for approximately 100 employees and 550 seasonal/variable staff. Responsibilities may include assignments and special projects such as:
Provide administrative support including employee records management, filing and archiving
- Background check administration
- Assist with orientations, onboarding process, policy development and staff event planning
- Participate in evaluation of current Human Resources processes and implementation of improvements to streamline and gain efficiency
- Assist with benefit plan renewals and Open Enrollment
- Make recommendations and updates to the staff intranet
- Draft standard position description language; update position description templates and format existing position descriptions
- Research and analyze best practices in Human Resources; assess current or proposed programs and initiatives against best practices; recommend and develop new programs to meet departmental objectives
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, customer service and project management skills
- Course of study or prior internship experience in Human Resources preferred
Expected Duration: 12 weeks (part-time)
Pay rate: $11/hour
This position can be fully remote, if needed. Applicants are not required to be local to the DC metro area.
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Wolf Trap Foundation is monitoring and adhering to current federal and state guidelines for COVID workplace safety to protect staff, artists, and patrons.