If you can speak fluently in Spanish and English, and programming instruction is your passion then this role is for you! Looking for a highly-skilled professional to deliver a stellar instructional experience to Spanish speaking students. This is a remote position.
ABOUT CODING DOJO
Coding Dojo is a global education technology company that offers a three-full-stack computer programming bootcamp, as well as courses on Data Science and other emerging technologies. The innovative curriculum and Learning Management System are designed to train students to become self-sufficient developers, regardless of their technical background. We also make it a mission to support underserved communities and increase diversity in the tech industry.
This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and make a positive impact in many people's lives. At Coding Dojo we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wave makers rather than wave riders. If you're interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team who value speed, continuous improvement, measurement, focus, accountability, and always attacking the gap, you'll feel right at home at Coding Dojo.
- Teach Coding Dojo's Python Full-Stack (Flask, Django), Java Full-Stack (Spring Boot) and/or MERN programs
- Facilitate group discussions, demos, in-class activities and feedback & coaching sessions
- Prepare students for success by providing coaching in all aspects of their journey towards becoming critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Provide actionable feedback on student's soft and hard skills
- Follow industry trends related to Full-Stack Development
- Day to day instruction of students, following a well-curated curriculum, supplemented with your own professional experiences
Gather and report on student metrics, and taking care of student´s attendance, grading assignments, etc.
- Participate in occasional project and curriculum development, as well as curriculum refinement
- Participate on and off-campus activities, including but not limited to: orientation, open houses, student events, graduations, tech talks and workshops related to Full-stack Development.
QUALIFICATIONS: You must have proficient web programming experience. Please ensure you meet or exceed at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree, in addition to one (1) year of relevant work experience.
- Associates degree, in addition to two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Candidates with experience both in instruction and in programming jobs strongly preferred.
- Must have reliable internet and equipment to perform all job duties
WE'D LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU IF...
- You are passionate about learning, helping others, and making a positive impact in the world. Your energy will be an important driver for the success of our students and staff.
- You are a highly motivated individual with leadership skills who can guide and lead our students.
- You like and are have experience with online instruction.
- Teaching, mentorship, and coaching experience is a big plus!