Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202102975
The Lead User Experience (UX) Researcher will play a key role in ensuring that the product experiences on Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book are intuitive, usable, and desirable. This individual will be part of a two-person team to lead a variety of research activities and provide guidance and expertise for developing effective, easy-to-use digital products for both responsive web and mobile applications. The Lead role in this team will drive our usability strategy and help us establish our research practices more formally, while also conducting user research for the teams they support. This is a remarkable opportunity for a motivated individual to establish UX practices across two major automotive brands.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta, GA office.
- This role works with Sr. Director of User Experience and other Product Leaders to drive our usability strategy and establish best practices for a winning research team.
- Work with product managers, data analytics, designers, and content strategists to identify user experience research focus areas and develop comprehensive testing plans.
- Estimate, design, execute, and report on research activities using the most appropriate method, including, but not limited to, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, card sorts, task-based analysis, surveys, and contextual inquiries.
- Deliver insights, findings, and design recommendations based on research and usability best practices to colleagues within your working group and across the organization.
- Support our product teams continuous delivery approach with a research structure that fosters and encourages a continuous consumer feedback loop.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple research projects at a time based on business need.
- Review online customer feedback and intercept surveys to identify hot spots and themes where users may be struggling.
- Serve as a thought leader by acting as an expert consultant in reviewing designs, communicating best practices, and championing usability throughout the organization.
- Work with design and development teams to produce prototypes for testing.
- Proactively identify usability improvement opportunities and recommend research methods to understand them better.
- Continuously evaluate, evolve, and evangelize the usability practices to meet the needs of the business.
- Lead the facilitation, process and deliverables within the user research discipline and mentor other members of the usability team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Track and monitor the usability budget against actual and planned expense and when necessary, make recommendations to leadership for needed adjustments.
- Maintain strong relationships with other departments, including Marketing and Technology.
- Maintain awareness of current human-computer interaction and usability research, theories, and methodologies.
- 7+ years of experience planning and executing usability research activities for both responsive web and native mobile applications.
- Advanced degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Cognitive Science, or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience using a variety of usability research tools, for example: UserTesting, UserZoom, Ethnio, and Morae.
- Strong understanding of current usability research, theories, best practices, and methodologies.
- Experience facilitating design sprints and research an in Agile environment preferred.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver concise research summarization.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the principles of user-centered design.
- Knowledge of and experience in web user interface design and technology.
- Understanding of project management principles.
- Experience conducting research an in Agile environment preferred.
- Experience with in-person and remote testing a must.
Knowledge of Axure and experience creating prototypes for the purpose of testing digital interactive interfaces.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.