Software Development Engineer (Trainer)
The role will be 100% remote till October 18th, 2021. After that, employees will be in the office full-time while training, until deemed autonomous. It will then convert to 3 days/week in the office and 2 days/week from home.
Do you enjoy creating content for training purposes and are you passionate about software development?
Odoo is the world's top open-source ERP SaaS software and we are looking for a Technical Trainer to further our success! We are looking for a person who is ready to be the face of Odoo in trainings we provide to our partners.
As a Technical Trainer here at Odoo, you will help us achieve our mission of accelerating value for longstanding SMB customers spanning across North America. This is a client-facing role in which you will bring our new business partners up to speed on our offerings from a technical aspect. You will also be part of a growing team that heavily impacts Odoo's success. We're looking for someone who has a passion for software development, enjoys creating content, and enjoys taking on new challenges.
- Delivering instructor-led training to educate customers and partners on Odoo, both virtually and in-person
- Lead development & maintaining technical training content, videos, exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials
- Collaborating with fellow team members and other internal departments to ensure accurate, effective training content and delivery of training
- Works on customer/partner technical support as a side project
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience leading presentations, public speaking, or classroom training for related technology and products or services
- Technical Degree (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems) or 2+ years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of SaaS/PaaS Platform in linux environment
- Ability create/edit videos and Powerpoints
- Strong communicator
- Ability to read and edit code examples and debug code exercises.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of various IT concepts (e.g. Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Security)
Nice to have:
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Business experience at an ERP
- Experience/knowledge with SaaS/PaaS/Cloud based applications
- Sociable and outgoing
- Willing to learn constantly and work proactively
- Prior experience at a fast-growing startup
Compensation and Perks:
- $100 towards a work from home office set up + the ability to pick up chairs, laptop stands, etc. as needed. (All office equipment picked up is considered office property where as the $100 spent on office equipment would be yours to keep)
- Free books for professional development
- Benefits include: healthcare (KAISER!), dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- Compensation includes base salary and commissions for all strategic partnerships sales team members
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance program; 3 X 1 hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate growing team!
Once back in the office (Post social distancing):
- Company sponsored events for groups of 6+ employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits such as parking and transit
- Chef-prepared lunches - snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Yoga classes on-site and other activities possibly expensed if multiple employees attend, especially sports-focused activities
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Odoo's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Multiple locations