Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, product solutions, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere's experts span 200 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avaleres focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking a Data and Policy Analyst I to join our Policy Practice. The practice focuses on a range of issues including: ongoing federal and state discussion around health reform, federal and state implementation of the Affordable Care Acts health insurance exchanges, evolving benefit designs in public and private payers, Medicare Advantage and Part D policy and payment, Medicare reform issues, Medicaid and other state health policies, and federal budget and deficit reduction issues. We rely on deep subject matter expertise and understanding of the business issues facing our clients to assess how this changing policy landscape impacts the pharmaceutical industry, managed care plans, providers, and consumers. We provide analytic support and advisory services, including legislative strategy, regulatory analysis, and quantitative modeling of proposed and enacted policies to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design analytical studies, protocols and methods, policy impact and scoring models
- Contribute to the development of concept proposals, scopes of work, budgets, and analysis plans
- Perform descriptive and advanced statistical analysis using large patient and/or claims databases in support of policy modeling to execute analysis plans and support client strategic objectives
- Develop and author study reports and publications
- Independently manage workflow and make direct contributions to the research and analysis process
- Work within the policy analytics team to identify areas for delivering innovation to clients
- Maintain compliance with Inovalons policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalons Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Employer.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- BA/BS or MA/MS in economics, mathematics, statistics, data science, health policy, public administration, public policy, public health, epidemiology, statistics or related discipline
- 3+ years consulting, healthcare, academia, or pharmaceutical/device industry experience
- Broad technical knowledge of health economics, policy research and analytic designs
- Proficiency in design and execution of analytic studies using large administrative pharmacy and medical claims databases (public and private)
- Working knowledge of statistical software packages such as SAS, SQL, and/or STATA
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and/or econometric skills
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Healthcare policy and analysis background a plus
- Excellent writing, project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple work streams with limited supervision
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical reasoning and decision-making skills and strong commitment to meeting goals and deadlines
- Positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, with excellent teamwork skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Avalere strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.