CrossFit Precision Care is a new healthcare offering for the CrossFit community, by doctors and health coaches who take a different approach to health - rooted in lifestyle, longevity, data and optimization. Care is delivered to cohorts of patients by pods, each comprised of a Physician, Health Coaches, and a Care Coordinator.
General Job Description:
CrossFit Precision Care Physicians provide primary medical care for patients using a precision and lifestyle-first approach. The position will require a self-motivated individual who is proactive, flexible and comfortable practicing on the cutting-edge of medical care. The ideal hire enjoys taking a patient-centered, team approach to care, and is well-versed in behavior change techniques such as motivational interviewing. The candidate that will be a great fit for us has experience with telemedicine and using online health care platforms.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review genetic, lab, and questionnaire data and put in the context of a patient’s life to collaboratively develop a personalized health plan
- Conduct telemedicine visits with patients and their Health Coaches
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic health conditions using a precision medicine and lifestyle-first approach
- Communicate with the Care Coordinator and Health Coaches in your pod, utilizing a team approach to patient care
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with other Physicians, Health Coaches, and staff
- Continue to learn and implement new research in the field of lifestyle and precision medicine
Meet the Team:
As a Physician, you will need the help of a few key members to provide care to patients.
- Care Coordinator – This role acts as a manager for the pod. Look to your Care Coordinator to assist in your needs as an employee. The Care Coordinator also interacts with patients, primarily in the first weeks after signup. The Care Coordinator also orders most major tests the patient may need.
- Health Coaches – This role frequently interacts with patients through consults and messaging. Health Coaches gather information from patients, guide them between appointments, and act on Physician’s recommendations.
A Day in the Life:
Physicians conduct Initial Medical Consults with patients and their Health Coaches. Prior to these visits, they review patients’ questionnaire data, labs, genetics, and an algorithm-based report. During the visit, they learn more about the patient and their goals and collaboratively develop a personalized health plan. Physicians also conduct Follow Up visits with patients and their Health Coaches where follow up testing is reviewed and health plans are modified. Physicians work closely with their Health Coaches and Care Coordinator to document visits, order labs and tests, prescribe medications, and coordinate referrals.Requirements:
- CF-L1 Trainer
- Actively participating in CrossFit
- Licensed MD or DO Physician
- CrossFit Nutrition 1 Course
- Training and experience in family medicine, internal medicine, or emergency medicine
- Personal computer/ability to work remotely
- Ability to complete some training prior to full time start date (a few hours/week)