Schedule - Class schedule works well even if you already have a daytime job.
Work from Home (WFH) - Remote work must be performed while residing in California.
CIAT Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: Dean of Education (DOE)
Employment Type: Variable-Hour(Part-Time)
Are you passionate about positively changing the lives of others? California Institute of Arts & Technology (CIAT) is growing and seeking educators and professionals with a passion for mentoring others. If this is you, please contact us!
CIAT prepares students for professional success by offering practical training in today’s most competitive technology fields to make sure students are job-ready. With a large selection of courses, flexible schedules, and an online campus, we aim to empower the working student. We are laser-focused on student success, whether just starting out, making a career change, or transitioning into civilian life, CIAT prepares students for success!
- Available to teach asynchronous and/or live courses either remotely or on campus
- Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning and engagement
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student’s needs
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students
- Current certifications in subjects taught
Mastery of Subject Matter:
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of their field or discipline
- Connect their subject matter with related fields
- Stay current in their subject matter through professional development, through involvement in professional organizations, and attending professional meetings, conference or workshop
Adhering to College Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure Student Database is fully updated and accurate at all times regarding student attendance and grade record information
- Maintain compliance with accreditation related to instructional and the quality of education, scheduled class hours requirements and CIAT policies and procedures.
- Submit documentation: sign-in attendance, pre-post exams, lab sheets, student snapshots, and accreditation/state required documents and others as required
- Communicate to management requirements for textbooks, handouts, supplies, equipment, exam vouchers and other items needed with sufficient notice to ensure timely and cost-effective procurement prior to class
- Promote collaboration with other staff members and participate in the implementation of new projects, ideas, etc.
- Adhere to the CIAT business casual attire. Clothing should be neat, clean, and without rips and holes. We are able to accommodate CIAT polo t-shirts and pressed jeans. T-shirts, caps, hooded sweaters, and shorts are not permitted. Please refer to the CIAT Employee Handbook for the complete policy.
- Information Technology Instructors must provide official transcripts of bachelor’s degree and certification on the subject being taught, CompTIA ITF+. If not certified, must be willing to take and pass the certification
- At least 3 years’ experience in the respective field or two years of teaching experience
- Advanced subject matter expertise preferred
- Curriculum development experience preferred
- Effective presentation skills
- Effective communication and technology skills
- High level of flexibility, creativity and dependability
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as learning technologies such as Canvas and Microsoft Teams
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi task
- Problem solve rapidly and effectively, in a timely manner
- Able to work assigned schedule if needed depending on schedule and coverage
- Works with a sense of urgency, while engaging and listening to coworkers from other departments
Values such as integrity, excellence, customer service, teamwork and mutual respect are some of those that remain constant, regardless of changes in our company. When identifying company values, it is important that those values are being demonstrated in the course of business each day. Our values set expectations for how employees and managers interact with every person while representing the company.
- We are passionate about education and student success.
- We value integrity and excellence in our employees and students.
- We treat ourselves and our students with dignity and respect.
- We believe in and encourage innovation at our school to better help our students succeed.
- We have a customer centric focus and we want people highly committed to achieving goals, where our success equals student’s success.
- We are accountable for our actions, and if errors occur, we focus on preventing future errors and moving forward.
- We have a growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve, with a sincere belief that every student can do better and achieve their goals.
- We expect every employee to be an example of conduct and professionalism, being a role model to students and colleagues.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are usually Monday through Friday, but weekend and evening hours may be required. Live classes are scheduled twice per week, from 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions:
- This may be considered a sedentary position, since essential functions of this role may require sitting for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Ability to type, use a computer to search for information and input information while speaking to others.
- Daily use of a personal computer and related software applications at a workstation.
- Some tasks that require making repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties while using a computer.
- Requires dependability and excellent attendance records.
- May require occasional travel to conduct CIAT business.
- The employee may frequently lift and move up to 10-15 pounds of materials, books, etc.
- The employee will be required to compute simple mathematical calculations as a normal part of this role.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
California Institute of Arts & Technology provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, California Institute of Arts & Technology complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
California Institute of Arts & Technology expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of California Institute of Arts & Technology’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
We will continue working remotely and tracking the continuous developments from state and local governments and will decide once there are firm predictions on immunity, vaccine development and treatments, before we return to work onsite.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- California (Required)
- ITF+ (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations