How you will help
You’ll be embarking on a hands-on role, from ingestion up to making all data available in the warehouse layer, in standardized form, and ready to use. You’ll investigate and map the data, assess data quality, and QA the transformed results. You’ll reinforce data architecture standards, and data warehouse policies and procedures, ensuring that clients receive the highest quality data. You’ll use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or time tested and proven, to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs. Your team will support you and you the same. Peer review of solutions and implementations is expected. You will play an integral part in building the foundation of everything to come.
What you will do
- Ensure high-quality design of dimensional models and data mapping
- Provide strategic guidance with respect to MDM best practices
- Data profiling and integration
- Explore, profile, and validate incoming healthcare data extensively, using SQL
- Map de-identified healthcare data to proprietary data structures
- Collaborate on the development of QA test plans for incoming data and data in our warehouse
- Perform troubleshooting on all ETL processes and resolve issues effectively
- Expand and reinforce company standards in terms of nomenclature, storage, design and deployment
- Provide support to all data warehouse initiatives
- Capable of writing advanced SQL to standardize and enhance data assets
- Aware of healthcare IT standards and have worked with healthcare data
- A careful listener who absorbs information well
- Proactive and take the initiative to implement improvements
- Data driven, testing and measuring as much as you can
- Familiar with HIPAA rules and requirements
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years of mapping source data to target tables
- 3+ years of data modeling and/or building and modifying tables in an RDBMS environment
- 3+ years of experience with EHR, medical claims, pharmacy data, and/or lab data
- 3+ years of experience in data warehousing
- 2+ years of hands-on SQL
Desired skills and experience
- Understanding of healthcare IT standards and data structures such as ANSI 837/835, NCPDP D.0, HL7, and optionally HL7 CCR/CCD or FHIR
- Hive, Spark SQL
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $63,000 - 250,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
- Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
- Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
- Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
- Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote