Estimated: $100,000 - $150,000 a year
Tenna is seeking a Senior Back-End Software Engineer to help us build the second iteration of our connected equipment solution. The Senior Back-End Software Engineer will be a forward and innovative thinker, an excellent communicator, experienced with back-end focused transformative projects, and possesses a passion for the IoT revolution. As a Senior Back-End Software Engineer, you will be part of a highly collaborative development process, design and write leading-edge back-end code, and join on the ground floor of the re-architecture of Tenna’s product line.
At Tenna, we believe the best is right in front of all of us, and that each day holds more potential than the one before. We believe that every new discovery can lead to something better than we thought possible. When we boil it down, the top five qualities that define the Tenna Team are quality obsessed, gritty, continuous learners, collaborative problem solvers, and just plain awesome. Sound like you? Join us as we empower our customers to control their mixed assets anytime, anywhere, on one comprehensive platform. Apply now!
- Write lots of bug-free, efficient, scalable, and reusable code.
- Unit test and take responsibility for the quality of your own code.
- Coach, encourage, and mentor your fellow software developers.
- Break our existing monolithic applications into more modern microservices.
- Provide input on our architecture, databases, and APIs.
- Consult with product managers to define, scope and plan new features.
- Consult with senior leadership concerning corporate direction and strategic planning.
- Work with QA to ensure that cohesive, quality, usable solutions are produced.
- Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve our overall solutions.
- Be a key participant in our agile development process.
- Produce excellent documentation.
- 6+ years professional development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent.
- Substantial experience with web development in at least one of Java, C#, or Python.
- Substantial experience with SQL; experience with NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience with Node.js, especially in microservices, is highly preferred.
- Experience with containerized application deployments, especially using Docker, is highly preferred.
- Experience with large-scale data systems is highly preferred.
- Experience with message queuing architectures, especially RabbitMQ, is preferred.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, especially EC2, S3, VPC, Elasticsearch, and Kinesis.
- Any IoT experience is a huge plus.
Benefits, Perks, & Additional Information:
- Full-time opportunity.
- Opportunity (Senior Back-End Software Engineer) is a remote position.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Robust, low-cost benefit packages offered.
- Benefit coverage begins the first date of employment.
- Paid Time Off and Volunteer Time Off offered.
- 401k match offered.
- Visa sponsorship offered.
- Employee referral bonuses
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tenna is committed to building a diverse team. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
2 to 10
less than $1M (USD)
"Great Place to Work "
Former Employee•Sales Representative
I worked at Tenna for a little over a year and during my tenure the company was expanding and there were some growing pains. There were times when I felt overworked, but I was fortunate to have a supportive manager, as well as great and smart colleagues. People in the company were friendly and were interested in what they were doing. The product was innovative and I got to work on lots of challenging problems. I would encourage the company to continue to foster good communication. I'm not there anymore but I'd do it all over again.
"micro management "
Not a good experience. Micro management all the time. No communication. Everything done last minute. Lots of wasted time trying to figure out what they wanted. Completed tasks were never good enough.
"Great work life balance"
As other reviewers have mentioned, the hire and onboarding process was a great experience! Everyone on my team is easy going and the workplace culture is one where we support each other. I am constantly learning and growing with the company. It is definitely a face-paced environment - but one in which I always have support should I need it! I love that the workday flies by and not every day is the same.
"Great work environment and interview process is fantastic"
Overall the company has a great work environment. Management take the time and effort to make sure that you succeed for the company. The interview process is very thorough and fantastic. I had phone interviews with HR and my hiring manager and then had in person interviews with my hiring manager and a representative of the parent company. Everyone was kind and courteous. In addition to the interview process the onboarding process was very informative and helpful. Management invest time and effort to make sure you succeed with the company. All organizations should take notes on Tenna's onboarding process.