Estimated: $50,000 - $68,000 a year
JobAudio Description Writer - Freelance
Audio Description Writer - Freelance
We currently have openings for Audio Description Freelance Writers. This position is remote.
- Write audio description scripts for feature films / TV / Streaming Media projects.
- Follow Deluxe specific guidelines on description creation with regard to style, formatting, and workflow.
- Elevate Audio Description writing skills in order to work on higher-level projects
What We're Looking For
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- BA/BS in Literature, Creating Writing, Screenwriting, Film Studies, or applicable equivalent experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Audio Description and its fundamentals preferred but not required
- Successful applicants will be trained in the fundamentals of AD writing and Deluxe’s style
- A sharp sense of how to use words to engage the viewer’s mind and emotions.
- Clear and compelling writing skills and an understanding of how words and images work together.
- A keen eye for recognizing important details in the program that need to be conveyed to visually impaired people.
- An understanding of how to match the tone of the description to the tone of the content.
- Team player and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as needed.
- All candidates will be required to complete a multiple-choice First Step Test. High-scoring candidates will move onto the AD Writing Test.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
As the world’s leading multidisciplinary service provider, Deluxe underpins the media and entertainment industry, servicing premium content creators and distributors. From Global Cinema, Content Distribution, Localization, and Mastering to end-to-end innovation and scale across Streaming, Theatrical, Broadcast and Mobile landscapes, Deluxe helps clients succeed in the new era of global entertainment and consumer engagement anywhere, anyway.
Childish clientele and management , if you like being stepped on and yelled at , this is the place for you! Honestly I think flipping burgers pays more and respects more.
"Management has no idea what they are doing"
Former Employee•Account Manager
Upper Management changes protocols weekly. Very little support. Long hours are the norm. Instead of finding solutions for issues they prefer to point fingers.
"Good teams but lot of management changes"
Former Employee•Senior Director
company in business for 100 years . Leader in space . However with the technology into digital streaming , traditional businesses have taken a hit . Studios are owning and executing own supply chain rather than relying on vendors.
"Fun work place, Fully remote, But Not Enough Benefit"
You learn a lot during working, coworkers/managers are very helpful But pay rate is not good enough If you need diversity and learning experience, you will love working here