The primary role of the Aftermarket Sales Account Manager is to build and strengthen ITT’s relationships with key customers in order to position the company for sustained short term and long term growth. The primary focus is to capture additional repair business and work with the customers on large retrofit programs. Making regular visits to our airline and MRO customers will be expected in order to identify new opportunities, increase our win probability on competitive bids, follow up on current projects, build relationships with key contacts and gather market intelligence. The technical and market information gathered by the Sales Account Manager will be used to drive strategy within the organization. When not visiting customers, this role will operate from ITT’s Valencia office.
This role is intended to be a successor to the current Maanger, Strategic Sales. A growth plan has been put together ensure successful transistion to the next step in the Aftermarket Strategic Manager career path. This is a perfect role for someone who has mastered their account manager skills in the area of Aftermarket Services ready to take the next step into a management role.
Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision
401k & 401k Match!
Paid Time Off
Paid Family Leave
This will be a hybrid-remote opportunity with minimum 2 days per week in Valencia, CA office
- Make frequent direct sales calls to assigned customer base
- Recommend, investigate and document new product/market prospects
- Identify new business opportunities and drive them to a successful closure
- Penetrate new accounts to drive additional growth for the company
- Provide guidance and develop strategy for the optimal use of international sales channel partners
- Assist in sales forecasting activities to support budget planning and financial reporting
- Obtain target pricing and insight into competitors to bolster margins on competitive and sole sourced aftermarket business opportunities
- Remain cognizant of pertinent competitive activities, including technical developments and market share data
- Monitor competitors’ product and pricing strategies
- Produce effective verbal and written communication
- Forge effective working relationships with inside sales, engineering, quality and operations in the Valencia office in order to successfully champion customer interests
- Assist with advertising and sales promotion programs including participation in trade shows and other industry activities
- Seek out potential acquisition targets for ITT Corp.
- Effectively utilize ERP and CRM systems as well as basic business software programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- This will be a hybrid-remote opportunity with minimum 2 days per week in Valencia, CA office
- BS/BA degree required; business, engineering or other technical field is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in outside sales in the Commercial aerospace aftermarket
- Must be able to travel domestic and international up to 30-40% of the time
- Polished presentation and communication skills
- The initiative and ability to develop, implement, and achieve ambitious performance goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capability to work with ITT’s diverse and global employee base including the ability to motivate, energize, and enhance the performance of teammates
- Customer focused attitude – the ability to be flexible and adaptive to support accounts in whatever ways may be required to bolster partnerships
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
“ITT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”