Parliament is actively hiring a brand-focused Art Director with 8+ years of design experience who has a passion for strategic design and can back it up with a very strong portfolio. The right applicant will have the ability to provide direction to designers while staying engaged with hands-on design tasks.
- Collaborate directly with clients and project teams
- Generate clear ideas and concepts
- Produce sketches and storyboards to visualize ideas
- Understand platforms, positioning, and target audiences
- Design identities based on strategic brand platforms
- Spearhead the development of brands and campaigns
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Create and presentation decks internally and externally
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to designers
- Help other designers develop and grow
You will work with a small team that likely includes a strategist, creative director, writer, and project manager to design visual identities, graphic systems, guidelines, campaigns, and brand executions. You will also support colleagues as needed.
You will work autonomously or collaboratively on several concurrent projects without skipping a beat, all the while self-starting, actively solving problems, and delivering beyond what is expected.
You will articulate your ideas and concepts internally and externally. Your ability to communicate, listen, and synthesize are critical parts of your role.
You will make judgment calls as necessary, knowing when to consult colleagues and management. You will also seek and value feedback, knowing it will make your work that much stronger.
You will use Slack, Dropbox, and Adobe products daily. You might also have the ability to write code, create motion graphics, and use tools like Figma.
You will participate in internal and external conversations, brainstorms, and critiques, as well as present your work to colleagues and clients.
You will be available during normal working hours and participate in scheduled or impromptu conversations, presentations, reviews, and critiques. You might live in PDX—you might not.
You will get a salary, healthcare (medical/dental/vision), 401k match, and three weeks of annual paid time off. We also offer annual bonuses based on profitability. Learn more about how we handle benefits.
You will enjoy a casual, non-competitive work environment that prizes killer work and killer weekends, alongside colleagues who could get a job anywhere else but choose not to.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Adobe Creative Suite: 8 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote