Advanced Analytics Advisors act as lead consultants with key stakeholders, demonstrating a healthy balance of business acumen, interpersonal skills, and technical expertise. Advisors work directly with line of business and functional area leaders to understand their analytic needs and help prioritize the work. They help design analytic solutions to solve business problems and answer key business questions. To do this effectively, they need to have a good understanding of how our business works and be able to interpret needs and requests to guide and lead analysts. Advisors communicate analytic results and recommendations back to business partners, translating complex technical concepts in a way that is well understood and actionable.
In addition to the consultative role with the business, Advisors are also leaders in the Advanced Analytics department, upholding the culture of the team and focusing on improving operational effectiveness and efficiency. They mentor and guide analysts, and work with other Advisors to help coordinate resources and prioritize work across the department to drive business results.
Experience in healthcare with analytic or actuarial background preferred, with opportunity for remote work arrangement.
- Build strong relationships with business leaders to understand and anticipate their needs to design analytic solutions, glean data insights, and communicate findings to help inform key decision making.
- Routinely review financial, clinical and provider performance for line of business and functional areas to identify important trends and communicate risks and opportunities for business leaders and other key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Prioritize new analytic requests and lead projects as a product owner, solution architect, and/or SME on behalf of a designated business or functional area.
- Provide analytical support in evaluation of strategic programs and investments (clinical programs, capital investments, etc. based on the area of support).
- Works in partnership with technical lead on ensuring the technical solution meets the business need and upholds departmental quality standards.
- Supports and coordinates portfolios of work with leaders in Advanced Analytics and throughout the organization
- Work effectively with Actuarial and Medical Economics teams within the Actuarial and Advanced Analytics division to interpret and communicate financial performance and trends to business leaders.
- Mentor analytic staff and support talent assessment and development activities across the department.
- Required Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in analytics, biostatistics, economics, math, or other related
- Preferred Master's Degree or equivalent In public health management or administration
- 15 years of relevant experience as a financial or data analyst in health care or
with health plans Required
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data analytics: 10 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote