Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015.
Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 700+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
Our competitive market landscape drives us to adopt technologies that allow for high developer involvement and productivity, as well as instant feedback loops. Technologies and tools include React, GitHub, Java, Groovy, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, AWS, Slack, and JIRA, just to name a few.
- Write quality, maintainable code
- Give and receive feedback as a collaborative member of your team
- Complete code reviews
- Participate in the agile development process through technical discussions, daily stand-up meetings, code demos, and retrospectives
- Assess and recommend the use of appropriate back-end services and how to structure applications and services for maintainability and architectural alignment
- Support and maintain the applications and services that are owned by your team
- Prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion in your everyday work to create an environment of respect
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held, in any form
- At least five years of software development experience
- Experience with Java or other backend languages
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience writing SQL
- Knowledge of web and software development application security concepts and practices
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Ability to recommend and make use of cloud technologies best suited for the problems being solved
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
What gives you an edge?
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Ability to empathize with users
- Passion for quickly adopting new technologies
- Willingness to learn from others and teach their peers
- Experience working with and writing REST endpoints
- Experience writing SaaS applications
- Experience working with Elasticsearch or other NoSQL data stores
Widen offers an extensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; and PTO. Besides the competitive compensation and benefits package, Widen believes in a flexible work schedule, community involvement, parental leave, life-work balance, and the benefit of wellness.
Widen team members have the option to work remotely, from the Madison office, or a combination of both. This position can be performed from anywhere within the continental United States. Access to the Madison office and other amenities are available to all employees — no matter their chosen work setup or home location.
Visit www.widen.com to watch customer video interviews, learn more about the product offering, and understand our history of marketing technology innovation.
Widen is an equal opportunity employer and we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and throughout the hiring process. It is our goal to provide a high-performance work environment where employees are respected, included, and valued.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Multiple Locations